Wednesday, January 24, 2007







Thirteen Addiction Meeting Introductions by: D
1. Hi, My name is D, I have control issues. I have issues with not being in control. I like to be in control. A Lot.
2. Hi, My name is D, I struggle with a false sense of authority. See #1
3. Hi, My name is D, I have a hard time controlling my irritation. And my emotions. See #1.
4. Hi, My name is D, I suffer from low self esteem.
5. Hi, My name is D, I have issues with food odors. I don't like to go into Starbucks or Dunkin's because then I will smell like...coffee and fried foods. I also don't like to wear my jacket into restaurants because then my jacket smells so bad I can't wear it. I also hate the smell of restaurant leftovers in my fridge and will double saran wrap and foil all takeout containers.
6. Hi, My name is D, I am not ever quite as smart as I think I am, nor as stupid as you might think I am. I giggle like a blond and can't use the computer and I've locked myself in the garage but I also can swaddle a baby like nobody else and I can soothe a colicky infant and get a baby to nurse with a good latch all while doing dishes and laundry. See #2.
7. Hi, My name is D, and I have a hard time with impulse spending. A little pair of socks here, a new t-shirt there, and fabric for curtains when I dont' know how to sew.
8. Hi, My name is D, and I like things perfect and will suffer great shame if I think things aren't perfect when you come to visit me. I'm still cringing over my master bathroom and an unexpected guest with intestinal troubles... I'm so ashamed about the state of that bathroom!
9. Hi, My name is D, and I always think things are my fault and I WILL apologize, incessently.
10. Hi, My name is D, and I am in a mid-life crisis, except that I'm not quite old enough to qualify for "mid-life" and too old to qualify for any other kind of crisis.
11. Hi, My name is D and I am actually terribly shy.
12. Hi, My name is D and I have a hard time making friends and keeping them.
13. Hi, My name is D and I really want to be your friend.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


20 comments:

Raggedy said...

Hiya D! My name is Raggedy. I enjoyed your Thirteen very much.
The swaddle the baby whilst doing dishes and laundry is impressive.
Just because I think you need one.
Hugssssssssssssssss
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Crazy Working Mom said...

*LOL* Great list. I'm lovin' #6!!
Thanks for the laughs.
Mine's up too.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Frances and I'm glad you want to be friends.
Me too.
Have a fabulous week - one day at a time.
Smiling at you from new York

JHS said...

Bahahahaha . . .that was pretty good!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Phew! There's a lot of Ds there. Anyway, here I am ready to be your friend.
My T13 is up too.

Anonymous said...

Well D - the first step to overcoming is admitting you have some problems. Now, just slip on this lovely white jacket and we'll get you a nice soft room to sit and meditate in.

hehehe

great 13:)

owlhaven said...

Great list. I want to write one.

Mary

Dane Bramage said...

#6 is truly impressive. Does that mean this was a Thursday Thirteen Step program? Just wonderin..
My Thursday Thirteen #27 is up. It is the 13 Home Repair and Imporovement Projects I Need To Do Stop by if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

You already are my friend!

:)

Carina said...

What a lot of self-analysis here. You must be a very brave person.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

#10 was my favorite! Happy thirteen thursday!

crse said...

This was awesome!
I think we would be great friends D!
Happy TT....

Anonymous said...

Hi: I am so having a mid-life crisis. I need friend. Can we be in control together?

This is a great list.

JAM said...

Way to put yourself out there D, with humor and truth. I always cringe when I bare my soul a bit, but I feel better afterwards.

Great T13!

Rashenbo said...

Great list! :) I have a dominant personality... and I'm not all that shy. I used to be, when I was younger I struggled with confidence and introversion... but... now I'm vocal and very opinionateed :)

I've got a friend who apologizes all the time. She closes the door and it's slightly louder than normal, she says sorry. We go to dinner and asks the waiter to bring her a napkin... she says sorry. She gets a phone call she says sorry half a dozen times. Yes, it's pretty irritating. Yes, I tell her to stop apologizing. But she's my friend and no matter how many times I hear her say "I'm sorry." I won't give up on breaking her of that habit :D

It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope you have a lovely Thursday.

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool list, I may have to use this as a TT later. I always say sorry, too. It was very nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

It's good to know yourself. I like things perfect too, particularly if they're going to be public. Oh, and the control thing. Yeah, got that too.

Lisa said...

Nice list - great to meet you!! Happy T13

Anonymous said...

Great list!

ccap

Anonymous said...

You ARE my friend, silly billy.