Today my Chickadee looked way older than her age. In spite of not wearing makeup, plaiting her hair in pigtails, and just wearing blue jeans and a white long sleeved shirt, she just looked so much older than 15. Maybe it was the way she laughed... what a lovely girl my chickadee. My buddy has me so... so... irritated. In only the way that a man can irritate a woman, my buddy has irritated me, his mother. He is almost 10 and currently holds every quirk I find detestable in a male house-mate. He leaves his clothes on the floor - he honestly can NOT see the dirty underwear right there smack in the middle of the carpet. He leaves toothpaste all over the sink and mirror. It's like he's brushing with a toilet brush or something: there is spittle on the opposite wall behind him! Good grief! He doesn't hang or fold, he shoves and crams. He doesn't straighten and smooth, he yanks and shrugs. Then he looks at me all bewildered and big eyed and so hurt when I'm doing my mom-thang of yelling and screeching and pulling out my hair. At least when he spilled his entire drink at dinner it was only water and hey, the floor needed to be mopped anyway. My Bear is trying so hard to dress herself. She came down to show us she had changed out of her church clothes and was ready to go play. She was wearing an endearingly crookedly buttoned oxford shirt and some capris. When I say endearingly crooked, I mean, hide-your-face-behind-your-hand-and-turn-your-back-so-she- doesn't-see-you-laughing kind of endearing. Dang she's cute.
Today at church they talked about upcoming missions trips. I want to go. I really do. I want to go to Kenya and work at bringing clean water to a village. My husband said, "you want to get rid of us that badly huh?" Yeah, right, I want to get away from my family so bad that I'll go to a foreign 3rd world country, not shower for 2 weeks, drink contaminated water and have the trots without my Cottonelle double layer, eat refried goat intestines and boiled tree leaves all so I can escape my kids. Uh-huh, thats it. Sign me up.
My cousin called and offered me free tickets to a weekend marraige retreat. Was there an ulterior motive? What did she notice the last time they were here? That my husband and I didn't speak? Hmmm... think that tipped her off? Nah... Can you go to a marraige retreat by yourself?
I didn't bake today, but I'm so excited to try out Mrs. Darlings apple crumb bars. Do you know Mrs. Darling? Hey Mrs. Darling, how are ya? I thought of you this afternoon when I was scrambling to put away the groceries I bought after church, get dinner prep'd and lunch dishes washed when my husband asked me to make him some coffee that I knew he wouldn't drink. Sigh... so much for apple crumb bars. Maybe tomorrow after work/dance class/dinner. Now where'd I put that bottle of wine and the Xanax???
D
1 comment:
I've read all your posts now, I'm looking forward to the next already!
I've got 4 boys and one girl - I somehow understand the boys better, though, unlike you.. Today I'm home with two of them (my oldest, Jakob, 7, and Filip, one of the quads), they're coughing their lungs out, presumably, so we figured a day home would do them good..
Keep up the good blogging! And excellent choice of template ;)
Post a Comment