Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Monday Mania

I am overextended again. I have a habit of wanting to be that supermom kind of gal who signs up for every opportunity at school, volunteers for anything that strikes me as fun, and totally forgets that I have the energy level (and motivation) of a slug. A worker Ant I am NOT. So... now I have to either eat some crow and beg out of a few things, suck it up and have a nervous breakdown or turn into an alcoholic (albeit a cheerful one I'm pretty sure!) or "forget" that I had volunteered for a couple of extra things. Any bets on what I'm planning? Yeah, well, you don't know me very well yet so that's not fair to ask you to bet on it. Now where'd I put that stinkin' bottle of wine? I know it was here a minute ago. Dang... it's empty again. How does that happen???

Why do I do this to myself? Why does any Woman do this? It is, surely, a very good thing that there are in fact SuperMom's out there. It is great that there are women who can dress in hose and heels at 6 am, drop the kidlets, help out in the classroom, go to work, teach an elective after school, go to PTA meetings, and bake cookies for the class in between soccer/dance/piano lessons, cooking a gourmet dinner and keeping the house way too clean for comfort. Yes, it IS a good thing there are women like that so that I don't have to be one. My job is done for me! Whoo-hoo! Now I can sit back and just do the mundane stuff, (like get dressed in jeans and sneakers, drop the kidlets, help in the classroom, dash off to work for a paltry 6 hours, run home to pick up child #1, back to the school for child #2 who stayed late for choir, and back home to make dinner, do homework, call parent volunteers for the halloween carnival, and do laundry while correcting my homeschoolers assignments) while waiting for my husband to return from a late night meeting. Oh yes, it's a good thing there are SuperMom's out there so that I can relax a little. I think I better ask one of them to take over the few extra things I volunteered for so I can enjoy my slacker role to the fullest extent. I'll do that when I finish this last glass of ... dang, empty bottle again...

yup, it's a Monday.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my goodness I do this verysame thing. i sign up for everything and then get home and wonder what in the world I was thinking. some of the stuff I just dread to do after I've said I would!