Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Tuesday Twelve

I read about the Thursday Thirteen on a few other blogs. Since I am so technically challenged as to NOT be able to figure out how to join/link like all the other cool bloggers (geez, I feel like I'm in 7th grade and wearing the wrong COLOR of reversible raincoat) I decided to scratch the whole thing and do a Tuesday Twelve all by myself. So there. Twelve things on my mind...

#1 Really good, light and fluffy, moist and crumbly, blueberry muffins where the blueberry pops and floods your mouth with its sweetness and any crumbs that fall you can retrieve by pressing your finger tip against them and smooshing them softly. I just had one like that... but I can't MAKE them from scratch like that. Why?

#2 The golden warmth of the sun that you can actually feel against your skin through a window and how lovely and cozy and delicious it is, but how the glare it creates is such a pain in the butt that you have to shut the shades or draw the curtains or at LEAST put on your sunglasses which totally ruins the warm deliciousness fun of it all.

#3 Garbage bags that never quite fit the size garbage can I have, and the awful way the air gets stuck underneath it so that the first few things you drop in just sort of lay there on this cushion of air and stuck together garbage bag so that you have to stick your hand down there and squash it to the bottom which pushes a huge puff of garbage smelling air up into your face.

#4 The happiness and excruciating joy a dog feels when you slooooowly and tantalizingly open the plastic wrapping on a new chewy bone and the total bewilderment the dog experiences when you give him the bone and then begin to open a second one... Like this, "ohhhhhmigollygollygolly izza bone izza bone izza bone ohohohohohohmy tail is waggin I got springs in my butt I can't izza bone izza bone izza bone I can't sit don'makemesit ohhhhhpen the booooneeeee! Open Bone! WhoooHooooooo!! izzabone MYbone!Mybone!Mybo -- what? what? wait, what?wait, wait, izza more bone? more? bone? more MYBONE? wait, heremybone-theremybone?ohhhhhhcanihaveittoo?"

#5 Coffee. I miss DD coffee. Medium Regular... but you can't MAKE a medium regular when you buy DD coffee and make it yourself. Why? What is the conspiracy that you can never really replicate your restaurant favorites? I made DD coffee today, added real cream too... good, but not the same. But hey, the muffin was so good I could've drank water and it wouldn't have REALLY mattered.

#6 When will I quit feeling like I felt in 7th grade? How do you regain self esteem? Why can't there be a "self esteem pill"? Maybe an extended release version, or an 'as needed' version? If you have low self esteem or high self esteem, can you just have "esteem"? Doesn't that word sound funny when you say it? Esteem, esteem, esteem, esteem.

#7 I'm going on the marraige retreat! David agreed to go... HUMONGO sigh of relief... and even a little flooding feeling of love came through. I am so hoping it will help. I'm speechless about it...

#8 8pm Wednesday. Lost. Gotta be there!

#9 Charlie-dog needs to go to the groomer - but when do I have time? OH... wait... no school on Friday! I must call them now... hold on a min'... Got it. Charlie-dog, groomer, Friday at 12. Course, I do have to work that day, but only a little and I'll take the kids to lunch after we drop off the dog. Good! I feel so accomplished!

#10 I feel oddly dressed today. Usually I can pull off the semi-nice pants with a t-shirt look but today I kinda missed the boat. I got the semi-nice camel colored pants, white tee, denim jacket, and way hot black boots on ok, but it's the pants that are buggin me. They are too nice, but yet not nice enough, and I totally hate the back pockets. They are little slit pockets, more for decoration than for pocketing things, but the have a huge flap of fabric (for what? I don't get it!) inside that makes a worse bulge than pantylines. So, I have pantyline, cellulite, and pocket flap bulge all goin' on together with these guys. Not working. Not. Working. Can I take 'em back after wearing and washing TWICE? But the denim jacket-tee-hot boots is ok. So, I'm partially dressed ok. Oddly so.

#11 When we move our offices to a different building in the spring... I'm gonna lose my office. I am crying already. I've never had my own office til now. I so very much love it. I love my plants (fake, cuz I kill real ones) my fan, my candle, my pictures, my curtain, my lamp, my DESK, my books, my cozy chairs, my posters and pictures and notices and flyers and detritus. I love my file cabinet. I love my chair. I will lose it all. Granted, mostly, I'm the only one in on a daily basis, but on the days all 4 of us are in at the same time: no privacy, no ownership! And they all have their own detritus so how will we decide who gets to put up what? So sad, so very very sad. I guess I better enjoy it while I can eh?

#12 Black boots: cool. Brown Purse: cool. Black boots brown purse combo? Mir would blog about me I bet. She'd say, "who let that woman out of the house when her shoes and purse don't match? Is she a child or an adult? Where's Stacy and ... that other guy... she NEEDS help!" Only she'd say it in a way cool way cuz Mir is my hero and I love her blog and she has NO clue who I am. If I coulda told her I woulda and I probly shoulda but I'm too shy... it's that self esteem thing... woulda coulda shoulda... yep. Mir.


I'm done. Thats the twelve things in my head this Tuesday and now I have 12 less things to thing about!

"d"

1 comment:

Scholiast said...

I'm no expert, but I've learned how to make a bloglist (and I've put you on mine).. So if you're interested all I need is an e-mail address that I can forward the explanation to ;)

Blogging is fun!