Thursday, October 6, 2005
It's Potty Time!
In the movie "2 Weeks Notice" with Sandra Bullock, there is this hilarious scene where (now, I can't really remember the whole thing, I just remember how much I laughed) she is stuck in traffic and has some intestinal upset that demands a bathroom immediately. So she ends up in someones RV using their toilet, complete with loud groans of relief and uh, other noises. I got the giggles. I mean, serious giggles. I was snorting. My husband was less amused. I think I was so struck by this because intestinal issues are something I have huge feelings of humiliation and shame over. Oh, we could go back to toddlerhood potty training I'm sure, but I don't care to. For reasons I cannot fathom, I just have issues with anyone else knowing that I need to... you know... use the toilet. I've even been known to sneak to the downstairs bathroom in the middle of the night for privacy. So for Sandra's character to be so blatant about it struck a nerve that threw me into a fit of giggles to rival any 12 year old girl. Anyway... yesterday I had a little stomach virus. I didn't feel so great when I got up but I was in mom-mode and so busy that it wasn't until I got into work that I needed to... um... take care of some business. I'm blushing and eliminating and praying no one needs the restroom and anxious that I'll be late for an appointment and it was all just awful. But I couldn't NOT work... I had people to see, visits to make, and important things to do (well, they sounded important...). Then, I had to run HOME after each of my client visits so I could..."relax"... aiy yi yi... and finally, I had to cut short a client visit. I was standing at the door, keys in hand, bag on shoulder, clenching, praying that I wouldn't either pass gas or ruin my new pants, and calling out, "yeah well, I left an appointment card on your coffee table and I'll see you in a couple of weeks ok? Call meeeeeeeeee" as I did a little shuffle run-walk to my car. So. Today I'm home. With Gatorade. And why am I "dumping" all this on you? (giggle, *snort) cuz nothing else remotely exciting happened at all. Nothing. That was the highlight of my day. How pathetic can one get?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a well known fact: poop is the salvation of blogs.
Whenever you have nothing to say, post about poop. Everyone has at least one poop-post, or they will shortly... it's a fact!
Post a Comment