Saturday, October 1, 2005

Dear Mom

Hi mom... it was date night tonight. Did you and dad ever have date night when I was little? I remember you guys hitting the matinee's a lot on the weekends when I was a teenager, but were you ever desperate for date nights when all 3 of us were home and on your last nerve? Anyway, David and I went out to my favorite place for hamburgers cuz I'd been craving one of their burgers for 2 weeks now. I decided to get adventurous tho' and have a salmon-burger. Blech. Totally not tasty. Too... fishy... too...marinated. Ack. I ended up downing my Cosmo quickly in an attempt to get rid of the taste. I don't think they put any alcohol in my Cosmo. Bummer number 2. The third strike was the bad movie... I really like Jodi Foster, and I even like HER in this movie, but I just didn't really like the movie. And the final horrible thing was you know how we like to sit on the aisle right behind that open area where wheelchairs can fit over on the right side of the theatre? That way no one ever sits in front of you (unless they are in a wheelchair and then how can you complain about that?) Anyway, this kid comes in on crutches and a cast on his left leg. He tried and tried to manuever into the last remaining section of seats on the left side of the theater but the cast wouldn't bend (can you believe THAT?) and unless he sat sideways with his good leg over the side of the seat and his casted leg out in the aisle, there was no way he was gonna fit. So... yep, we gave up our seats. We scootched way down, cuz he had his whole family of mom, dad, sister, and some other aunt-type figure with him, and sat against the wall. Well you know what that means don't you? Yeah, like, I couldn't eat or drink anything cuz I might've had to pee and I would've had to crawl over that whole family and his cast and I am way to shy to do that. So I sat and watched David eat all the salty yummy movie theatre popcorn and suck down all that cold icy fountain soda and eat all the scrumptious frozen junior mints. Dang. My date night was so... not fun. So now I'm here at home, warm and comfy, with a rum and coke and my computer. It don't get much sweeter! Chickadee is up watching some stupid late night teen show, Buddy and Bear are in their beds, and Charlie-dog is keeping watch over my feet in case I spill something. OH, and yeah, I ran into my boss and her husband at the theatre. Weird! You know how I can't figure out if my boss actually likes me or not? Well, sure, now we had to make polite small talk and introduce our spouses and the whole bit. Soooo uncomfortable for me! And being that David isn't all that sociable and gregarious, it was all a bit stilted and fakey. Blech. So.. how's thing there? I sure wish you were here. I really miss you mom! I wish you... well, I wish you weren't dead. I hope you like the flowers I put out for you and Uncle Jim. And how 'bout those Dahlias in my yard? I can't believe they are still so brilliant and full and... spring like! Well mom, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Miss you lots, love you even more. I'll see ya soon mom! Love, D

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Well I read your entire site! Lol I'll bookmark you so we can become internet friends. Now no more lurking lady. Ive been blogging for two years and am always amazed at how many people really come through in comparison to how mnay comments you get. Ya cant get people to your blog by lurking woman! Lol See now you have a new commenter!...and a new friend!