Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm several weeks late...time to panic!

Yes... it seems many weeks ago when I realized I'd been tagged by Rarity. The Closet Tag. I was supposed to take pictures of my closet, download them, link them into this blog, and then write captivating descriptions of what was viewable.

As you can see, I've been hard at work doing just that! Well, in my head I have... it's just so much harder to explain to my husband why I am taking photos of our closet and then posting them on the www for all to see, and to actually DO it, than I imagined. So... I'm a loser. Just like they told me back in 7th grade. Yep. Loser. Capitol L.

But what I can do, is to just tell you whats in my closet... so, then I'm only a loser with a lowercase l. Thats so much better really when you think about it!

Open closet door - actually, closet door is always open because thats what our closet-door-ironing-board is attached to and so it stays open all the time and the ironing board is always down with the iron on top of it: ready for action. Hell, it gets way more action that I do!

Enter walk in closet - actually, you have to kind of lean in, cuz on the left of the floor are all my shoes (not so many really, but not neatly piled) and on the right are my husbands shoes and man, he's like Imelda Marcos or something! The guy has a serious shoe fetish. Like, a new pair of shoes is gonna change his life... anyway, beyond the shoes against the back wall is a rubbermaid bin with seasonal clothes and a big wicker basket with all our mismatched socks. I have a thing with mismatched socks. I keep thinking that the missing one is gonna show up sooner or later, so I MUST keep them. 5 peoples worth of mismatched socks. Hmph. Gotta rethink that one.

Our closet is a smallish rectangle with double hanging rods and a shelf both in between the rods, and above the top rod. The first thing you might notice is my anally retentive hanging of pants, shirts, jackets, skirts, dresses in nice plain boring colors like gray and brown. If you don't notice that, I mean, it's not really all that remarkable, what you might notice is HOLY CRAP! Husband has A LOT OF CLOTHES! A LOT. And... THEY ARE MESSY! REALLY messy.

If that should fail to capture your attention, you might notice the incredible amounts of cat hair. Black cat hair. Our oldest and first cat, Friday, hides in our closet from the other two cats. He wedges himself in amongst the duffle bags and suitcases (oh, did I not mention those?) and finds cozy places to lie, like on husbands shirts and jeans, like, on my too small clothes I pile on the top shelf of the back wall (lot of those too small things...sigh) and he is all slinky and quiet and when you are riffling through clothing suddenly you see two golden eyes blinking at you. When he is not hiding, he is shedding. Copiously. Those are his two habits. Hiding, shedding.

So, that's my closet. Pretty huh? It's the biggest closet I've ever ever ever had and I like it. I like that if I wanted to clean it out completely, I could probably sqeeze a crib in there and baby gear so I could have another baby. Not that a guy with a vasectomy and a girl with a nuva-ring could get pregnant anyway, but... it's my closet and I can dream if I want to. What's your closet look like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have cats who love to go into closets. The problem? I like to close the doors. Have been known to come home from work and open the door and have a cat shoot out... sigh. I do try to locate them before I leave, but sometimes forget.
Don't get cocky about finishing the closet post and not needing a camera.
Both Lisa http://www.lisaschamess.com/thetruthhurts.html and Shawn http://everythingandnothing.typepad.com/ have posted purse blots--emptying and photographing everything in their purses. Guess I'll do it too. Will at least take care of one post...

Scholiast said...

I think you did really well! I can picture your closet very vividly. And the cat. And ALL your hubby's stuff... (Presents from you??)
BTW, it wasn't Rarity, it was me who tagged you way back when, but that's unimportant..
- Who're you tagging next..?