Monday, May 5, 2008

A Contest For You!

I recieved a little box in the mail today.

A little brown box with three little treasures in it.

Three little treasures that I'd like to give away... Whoo-hoo!

So it's time for my First Ever Contest.
If you play, you might win... so tell your friends, tell your blogbuddies, tell your kids (!!!) and lets see who wins a treasure from the little brown box that my mail carrier left me.

Option #1: list 5 Top Most Important Items a New Mom Must Have or Must Know.

Option #2: list 5 Important Things a High School Graduate Should Know.

Option #3: list 5 Things You Wish You Would Have Done (or wish you didn't do!) when You Were 18.

Write a post that includes one of the above options (only one!) and then leave me a comment with a link to your post.

This contest will run from Monday 5/5 through Wednesday 5/8 at noon.

Rules? Oh, um... I'm a rule breaker by nature, but let's see....
  • You can only enter ONCE, with only ONE of the options.
  • On your blog you can say that it's a contest and link back to me and invite your friends to enter if you want to.
  • Any posts/entries that include entertaining and insightful stories and or pictures may be awarded an extra goodie just because I feel like it.
  • When all is said and done, I'll do a mrlinky thing (if someone will first tell me HOW to do it) and post all the responses. m'K?
  • The winner in each category will be chosen entirely at random using my children, an empty coffee can, and closed eyes.

Let the fun begin!

5 comments:

D said...

When I was 18 I had the wonderful opportunity to live in Japan. At the time I thought I learned alot. Of course at 18 you think you know everything. I wish I would have learned everything possible & soaked up the culture.

Ladybug Crossing said...

I'm in!
I'll post tomorrow.
xo
LBC

Ladybug Crossing said...

Actually, I got inspired and did it today.
Here's the link:
http://ladybugxing.blogspot.com/2008/05/5-important-things.html

xo
LBC

Just D said...

Well that was an entirely heartwarmning and confidence building activity! Whoooo, go me! Maybe I should have offered up treasures to the the one who commented most frequently over the next.. um.. year?

sigh.

LBC, send me your addy... you win.

Anonymous said...

What a great question! I'll post not for the great bribe (I'm too late for that) but simply because I'd like to throw my 2 cents in.

My advice to graduates is based on the ammount of advice graduates get.

#1) Whenever somebody offers you advice, consider the life they are the living and the direction in which they are headed. Would you like to be where they are when you are there age? It was, after all, there discernment and decisions which lead them to where they are. If they are living the life you'd want, pay careful attention. If they are not, be careful about judging them, but not so careful that you imitate them.

#2) If you were hiking, and somebody was coming back down the trail, you'd probably pay careful attention to what the more experienced hiker had to say, right? Well, advice to graduates really is advice from the hikers who've been down the trail. Information about what the journey is like is atleast as important about how to get there.

#3) There are many ways to reach a destination. One of the amazing things about life is that there are many decisions which you get to change mid-stream. The only decisions to be truly wary of, the only decisions worth agonizing over, are the ones that you won't be able to turn back from. Walk through any open door that won't close behind you. Think long and hard about stepping through a doorway which won't let you back through it.

#4) You and most everybody else are praying that you won't make many mistakes and that you won't suffer much. That's normal. But I hope that it doesn't happen. A life of little suffering and few mistakes is quite a sad little thing, shriveled and useless.

#5) Find God and do what He wants you to do. Take care of other people as much as you can. Make sure that your own needs are met and having fun is high on your list of priorities. We do an astounding number of things for reasons that don't make any sense. If doing something isn't on this list, ask yourself "Just why am I doing this?"