
This could be the last time, that I hold you close.
This could be the last time, that I kiss your sweet face.
This could be the last time, that I sing to you.
This could be the last time, the best time we ever knew.
I see you in the tub
with your duckies and your toys,
I see you in the bubbles
and I smile at your noise.
You splash and splash and laugh and laugh
You rub your big brown eyes
Could this be the very last time?
Will I someday long to hear your cries?
This could be the last time, that I trim your teeny nails.
This could be the last time, that I kiss your perfect ears.
This could be the last time, that I use this special cream.
This could be the last time, that I wipe away your tears.
I see you in your crib at night
Pink Blankie in your hand
I watch you breath, inhale your scent...
I'm lost in Meme land.
This could be the last time, that you sleep safely right here.
This could be the last time, that you are rocked to sleep in this chair.
This could be the last time, that I ever sing to you.
This could be the last time, the best time we ever knew.
I see you in your fancy dress, pink from head to toe
I see you in your overalls, hair up in a bow.
So pretty in your Easter best, or in your tomboy jeans
You are all my wildest dream and what my whole life means.
This could be the last time
That I cradle you in my arms,
hold you tight against my heart,
rub your tiny angel back...
This could be the last time
That I pour your favorite juice,
wipe your runny nose,
pack your monkey diaper bag,
put a clippie in your curls...
This could be the last time, that I see your hands,
reaching out to me,
in absolute purity.
This could be the last time, that I touch your skin,
soft as silk,
it always makes me grin.
This could be the last time, that I nibble your skin,
hear your laugh,
and nibble you again.
I put the toothpaste on your brush
and hear you squeal with delight
we brush your teeth together
then you show off those pearly whites.
You climb the stairs
at a rapid crawl
laughing all the way
Escaping is your favorite game
and you scramble down the hall.
You rub some pasta in your hair
and fling juice on the floor
you spit some broccoli in your lap
and then you ask for more.
A'ah Duh! you say
emphatically
When you are finished eating.
Uh-oh is said so somberly
when you tear the book I'm reading.
Guys! You holler loud as life
from the stairway safety gate
They answer back with laughing sounds
You hardly ever have to wait...
This could be the last time that I stroke your cheeks
This could be the last time that I pet your hand.
This could be the last time that I hold your pudgy feet
The last time that I've touched anything so sweet.
This could be the last time that I buckle you safely in your seat
This could be the last time that I reach back to tickle your feet.
This could be the last time that I sing Amazing Grace
This could be the last time I ever see your face.
This could be the last time
For me and you
This could be the last time
The best time we ever knew.

3 comments:
praying God's very best for your precious sweetie--- and for you!!!!
big hugs
Mary
I always love reading about you and your meme. You all are so lucky to share such love. Wishing God's blessings for you both. I'll be thinking about you.
-A blogger reader from the south
Let me know what happens, k?
xoxo
LBC
Post a Comment