Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fwee Yeahs Owd

I've been writing here for more than 3 years.

Stunning, no?

It seems like so much less time than that - in three years I've garnered a whopping regular readership of ... well... three. I think. When commenting is slow I've often wondered if I've been forgotten entirely. I suppose that having a mild mental breakdown and writing infrequently haven't helped much. Ya think?

Tonight I was searching through old posts looking for something in particular when it came to me just how long I'd been writing. I read through some posts that were actually relatively decent, and a few that were rather uninspired, and a few that were passionate but... well... pathetically written. I was alternately pleased, dissapointed, and embarrassed. But, you know, what-eh-vah!

It's my blog and I'll blog if I want to, blog if I want to... you would blog too if it happened to you... sorry, pardon the interuption there, I got a little sidetracked.

Anyway, three years later, here is what I've learned.

Blog if you want to. Blog for yourself. Blog in spite of yourself. Make friends. Comment more than you want to. Trust a little. Don't blog things you'll regret later, and if you do? Delete is a handy function. Blogging while under the influence can be wildly passionately creative... or totally embarrasing. Don't forget the delete function. Be kind. Be yourself. Be passionate. Don't write about your sex life, marital strife, or your bowel habits. Do blog about your hobbies other than your sex life, your marital joys and learning experiences, and your infants bowel habits or your trials in toddler bowel habits. It's certain to increase your visitors!

Don't use exclamation points too much! Show pictures of your house, share your evil TV watching habits and your hidden snack food desires. Have a purpose!

Thanks for the fellowship over the past years, for those of you who've forgotten me and those of you who've remembered me... and those of you who lurk me... I love you all.

Year Four? Here we go...

2 comments:

Leanne said...

A very Merry UnBirthday, to you, TO YOU!

I don't know why that seemed appropriate.

I agree, it's your blog - you can do what you want to!

Scholiast said...

still here... even more infrequently than you blog... but I'm always touched when I come by! Can't wait to see you - someday :D