Saturday, September 23, 2006

Chick's Bedroom Remodel

...finally!

When we first moved in: clicky here and here too. Wasn't that wall paper pretty? Oooh! Uh, well, a-hem.

So then we removed it. And because it was a vinyl backed wrap, it stuck like heck and ripped up the paneling underneath. It looked like this, and like this. There was much muttering and cursing. There were threats of hiring someone to do it. There may have even been an estimate or two searched out. Sigh. But we got thru it with much scraping and a handheld little sander. Now, THAT was a little fun. Sort of.

Then we had to figure out what to do with all that damaged paneling. We came up with a painting technique called Striping. Thats Stripe, not Strip. It required glaze which is not inexpensive and so we thought we could stripe half of the room and hang posters etc on the other half. Here is how it turned out:



































Pretty cute huh? The mix of colors is pretty unusual, but it seemed to turn out ok. Chick wants to paint bubbles in contrasting colors at the bottom of the walls. We'll get there eventually. I'd also like to get a nice fluffy throw rug for her tootsies.

It took us forever to get this far, I wouldn't count on bubbles or throw rugs until Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always say that I do so much! Look at you!

In my girl's room, there is still one wall halfway purple and three walls still yellow~!

I have had the paint for almost 2 years!!!!

I suck.

Ladybug Crossing said...

It's gorgeous!!!
Congrats!!
LBC

Anonymous said...

thank you for the comment. and yes he wants to make sure i send as many as possbile. that's actually what i am doing right now, lol.

but thanks for the comments!