Saturday, September 23, 2006

Let's go back to bed...

Beloved -

It's been a long and stressful 2 years. I can't believe all we've gone through. You know those grief and loss charts you can fill out where you tick off all the things that have happened to you (moving, losing someone, loss of job, new job, etc) ? Well, we'd be off the charts on that one. They might commit the both of us.

In the past I have often responded to stress by needing to hunker down and find a safe cosy spot to recuperate. I think I did the extreme opposite this time by deliberately filling our life to the brim, and letting it overflow a little, just to sort of block out all the pain and disruption we've dealt with since that phone call about Uncle Jim two years ago. And I've simply expected you to follow me every step of the way. When you've been resistant, I've been angry. I'm so truly sorry.

I'm sorry about yesterday. About over reacting in such a nasty way. About having expectations and assuming you would know about them. About walking out...

I miss you. I miss us. I miss what we had 2 years ago. All this change has left us both so unsettled and, for me at least, desperately trying to recreate what we had instead of just adapting to what we actually have now.

I heard a song on the radio and wanted it share it with you. Click on this link below and know that I'm thinking of you and that even though it's not Sunday, it's raining anyway.

Here... (it's the 8th song down on the list, "Raining on Sunday" and you have to watch the stupid Pril*sec commercial first)

I love you.