Friday, April 25, 2008

The Way The Cookie Crumbles

I woke up this morning with a head ache.

Late.

The coffee pot overflowed and ruined the expensive bra I had ripped off and left lying on the counter in the kitchen.

And it also spilled all over the floor.

I stepped in it.

I spilled freshly ground coffee all over the wet floor when I tried to make a new pot of coffee.

It stuck to my wet feet.

The baby was constipated and cranky when she woke up.

I forgot that I was supposed to have gotten more juice yesterday.

I remembered that I was supposed to have gotten more juice yesterday after I pulled a dirty sippee cup out of the dishwasher, washed it, washed the lid and the valve, and then dried them off on the same towel as I had mopped up the coffee with, then re-rinsed the cup/lid/valve to get the clumps of wet coffee grounds off of them and opened the fridge up to get the juice for the cranky constipated baby.

I forgot that I was on E and needed to leave the house early to stop for gas.

I remembered that I was on E and needed to leave the house early to stop for gas right when I was ripping out of the driveway 15 minutes late.

My hair was frizzy.

I have PMS.

And we were expecting company to arrive while I was gone at work.

And there were dishes in the sink, coffee grounds on the floor, stinky diapers in the kitchen garbage, an overflowing basket of clean clothes in the living room, shoes/toys strewn hither and yon... and I was late. And had no gas. And a headache. And...

Sometimes thats just how the day starts.

I'm going to bed now.

In soft well worn cotton boxers, a stretched out soft cotton tee, and clean feet.

I'm lying on soft flannel sheets and squishy down pillows that cradle my aching head and tired body.

The baby is asleep, there is juice in the fridge and gas in the car, and the clean sippee cups are waiting patiently in the cabinet.

And tomorrow is another chance to start all over again.

Thank God.

1 comment:

Ladybug Crossing said...

Some days are just like that. I'm sure you'll look back on it and laugh - about 6 weeks from now.
xo
LBC