Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chatter

It's taken more than 11 years. He still doesn't know how to put the dirty laundry INTO his laundry basket, hasn't figured out what to do with all the scrunched up papers in the bottom of his backpack, doesn't mind wearing mismatched or holey socks, and I still have to say, "Don't jump in the puddle!" and "Did you wash? With soap? AND water?" and "Dude, seriously, brush your teeth man!" But none of that really matters when your 11 year old son rushes to hold a door for you, carries groceries and laundry baskets, and makes it a point to remind you to be careful when you are walking on slippery ice. I guess he's got the important stuff down!

Meme starts unsupervised visits with her daddy today. 2 hours, at his house. Court is in about 3 weeks. It's possible that in 3 weeks, I'll be without my Meme. I can hardly breath just thinking about it.

I'm working on 3 separate bible study/meditative readings right now. It's hard work! But it's also amazing at how much closer I feel to God by doing all the work. Hmmm. Only took me 38 years to figure that out.

Last night Bear stumbled into my room to seek a quiet place to sleep while Meme tried to convince me that 3 am was an appropriate time to play. She was unusually cute and it was hard to deny her sweetness but I gotta say, 3am is too early to start the day. I was laying in the hallway on the floor outside the bedroom waiting to see if she was going to cry or going to sleep when our usually unfriendly slightly demented cat decided he looooved me. He came pouncing up the stairs doing his little "rowr" sound in between very noisy purring. He was practically drooling as he rubbing his body and head all over me. Rowr-ing and Purring and Rubbing... Orgasmo-cat... at 3 am. Not my cuppa! As much as I'd love for him to be a snuggly kitty, I wasn't about to reinforce HIS 3am sweetness either. Dumb cat.

I have been found! Did you know I was lost? I have family that I sort of lost touch with once I was a teen and stopped visiting my father for vacations. Recently an email was circulating about a family reunion and I was able to hop on and reintroduce myself. It was and is very surreal, but what really drove home how significant it is, is when my hubs and I were talking and he was trying to figure out how many relatives I had. "Wait, so, you have 4 cousins?!" (he only has one), "Oh no," I replied, tossing my hair over my shoulder, "I have at least 12..." and then I thought, 'holy cow, I have cousins! I have a family!' and my heart did a little dancing thing.

Chick is struggling. Could ya'll keep her in your thoughts? This last stretch as a senior is tough for her. She just wants to be done, she wants to move on, she wants to do something that makes her happy. I want that for her too.

Status Quo here... everyone is mostly healthy, mostly sane, and mostly working out their issues. My hubs had a bday and I got him one kinda iffy gift and one cool one. I went to Photoworks and created an actual book out of some photos. It turned out brilliant and it was filled with all his favorite photos of places we've been, sunsets, waterfalls, mountains... and he totally loved it. I was so happy to give such a cool gift. He deserves it! The iffy gift? Well, let's not go there.

Today is a busy day, I've got a class to teach this morning, and another one later tonight, and the regular gamut of kids and carpool inbetween. I'll be thinking of all of you faithful friends today. And, oh, Hi to Golden who can never leave a comment cuz her computer stinks or blogger stinks or google or whoever. But just the same, Hi!

1 comment:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I love these little chats.
3am is definitely too early.
Congrats on reconnecting with your family. That's exciting.
xo
LBC