Friday, February 1, 2008

Coffee Anyone?

Ladybug suggested that my mundane was like sitting down across the table and having coffee with me. So, hey, I like coffee... grab a cuppa and let's sit down!

Tea? Hot Cocoa? Sure, whatever you want, I have it. Oh no, really, just let the kids play. They can't hurt anything here. The PS2 is downstairs kids, go ahead! Don't worry mom, we only have E rated games.

What? You brought cheese danish? Ooooh! I LOVE you! Come on in the dining room where it's more cozy...

So the cat puke? Yeh, that was so weird. We expect a little of it now and then, those stupid binge and purge episodes, but to wake up and find so much vomit all over the bathroom was strange. But we didn't give it a thought really. Then waking up Saturday morning to find our neice saying that the cat had peed on her bed we just assumed she was lying to protect herself and when I went in the bedroom to begin cleaning and found not just pee but the blankets full of smashed smeared poop, I silently cursed but allowed her to keep her secret. We know she has problems sometimes and I didn't want to embarrass her. I cleaned it all up and we went about our business. Later that night when I was getting ready to remake Bear's bed, the cat darted out of her room as I walked in and I was faced with a pile of steaming stinking cat doody right on Bears pillow!!! Oh gross! Hubs tossed out the pillow while I went crazy with some lysol spray and some Oust as well. Bed made, kids tucked in, we made a new litter box for Bandit and locked him in the basement bathroom hoping he'd make it through until Monday when we could get him to the vet. Come Monday, I drop him at the vet and 8 hours later (and several hundred dollars) I picked him back up only to be told he had a little stomach bug just like a human would get: vomiting, diarrhea, and then he'd be back to normal. And indeed he was. Stupid cat!

Lost socks? I'm so telling you... it's like childrens toys multiply in the middle of the night and socks seem to divorce each other and one of them leaves the house in a huff. Brand new socks, teeny baby socks... and I'm down to 3 mismatches already. Hmph. Buddy also got new socks and even wrote his first initial on the toes so I could tell that they were his... and out of the 6 pack, I think we have 3 pair. What the heck is it about socks? It's a conspiracy. I bet the tooth fairy is involved.

More coffee? Cream or milk?

So what we decided to do with Chick and her boyfriend was A) set an 11pm bedtime B) have Buddy sleep in the downstairs guest room and boyfriend sleep in Buddy's room which just so conveniently happens to be right next to ours, and C) since it's Feb break and no one has to go to bed early anyway, we'll ALL be staying up until 11. It'll work out fine I expect. Plus? I'll be so tired from staying up til 11 that I can make Chick and her boy take care of my baby Meme so I can get an extra hour of sleep in the morning.

Yes, my Meme is still here! Praise God! It's mostly going well. I worry about her, how each week when she sees her parents she comes back a little high strung and frantic. It must be so confusing for her, so emotionally draining yet she doesn't even know how to verbalize or rationalize any of those feelings. Poor meme. Tonight she is either teething, or coming down with a cold and not feeling well because she mostly shrieked all day. Not crying necessarily, just shrieking and unhappy. I feel so bad when I just don't know what she needs and I can't seem to find the right thing to offer her. I also feel REALLY exhausted and fed up! Can I have another peice of that cheese danish? I really need it!

What? Oh, you heard about that huh? I figured you would, I just haven't had time to call you. So, I had dropped Bear at school and came home for a quick 20 minute snooze before heading off to see my postpartum client. I was just drifting off when the phone rang and I was hardly awake when I heard, "Hi D, this is Nurse Noname from Buddy's School? Yes, well, he passed out in class and then threw up and you'll need to come and pick him up ok?" I had to ask her to repeat herself, not quite believing what I'd heard! I raced out of the house calling hubs on my cell. He didn't pick up his office phone or his cell so I left messages and was just about to call the doctor when hubs called me back. He took charge of calling the doctor and told me just to go get Buddy and meet him at the doctors office. I got to the school to see my strapping healthy Buddy looking rather grayish and swaying in a wheelchair in the nurses office. Tho' he assured me he was fine, he was obviously NOT! As the nurse and I were loading him into the car, hubs called me back and said that the doctor wanted Buddy to go to the ER. So off we went. The ER is quite an interesting place...even on a weekday midmorning! After IV fluids and some bloodwork, an xray and a clean bill of health, we were able to bring our Buddy back home. He's been fighting a cold for a couple of weeks, and had stayed home just on Tuesday, but he'd never been significantly ill and claims he didn't even really feel sick until right before he passed out. This kid... this kid! I've got a few more gray hairs. We spent today just resting and making sure he drank plenty of fluids. He napped for 3 hours this afternoon which is amazing, but he's downstairs right now playing PS2 with daddy so it isn't all that bad I guess. But still... what a day that was!

Oh, look at the time! Geez, I still have some laundry to do so I'll be ready for running the booth at the Kidzfest in the morning. I better get the kids into bed early also. Thanks for coming by, I enjoyed our chat! When should we get together again? Monday? Your place? Sounds great to me! I'll bring another cheese danish...and how about some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies? Yeah, I thought you'd like that!

Have a good weekend and I'll see you soon! Hugs....

2 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

Wow! You've had quite a week!! I'm just glad that Buddy is okay. And as for those gray hairs... You don't have any - I know! I've seen your gorgeous dark brown grayless shiny locks!! But really, that must have been sooo scary!!

I can't wait to hear all about the boyfriend's visit!!! I want all the details, k?? I'll bring an extra danish and a fruit salad for that one.

xo
LBC

Scholiast said...

A good weekend to you too! I so enjoyed the visit - hope you'll come over to me next time, more cheese Danish are waiting!

I've been away soooo long, will try to catch up, think I just may be back into blogging......