Saturday, November 24, 2007

FREE

Here in New England, people are thrifty. When you don't want something or no longer need it, you put it on the curb with a sign for "FREE" and someone else comes by and takes it. Be it a couch sitting in the rain for 3 days or a basket of childrens clothes or an old wringer washer, put it out and watch it dissapear. I've been told that in a pinch if you label the item with a price tag, someone will come and steal it! That's supposed to be a good thing.

So, tomorrow? I'm putting my dog into his crate by the curb. I'll leave his food and water dishes inside with him and his various leashes and toys in a bucket on top. I'll post a BIG peice of cardboard next to him saying, "$$$ - inquire inside" and see if I can get someone to steal him.

you know I'm totally joking right?

3 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I had someone take an old pink toilet off my hands by leaving it at the end of the driveway... Who knew that an old pink toilet would be such an awesome find...

Let me know if we can have lunch when you are on your way back from OBX. I'm more than happy to drive to meet you.

xo
LBC

KarenK said...

Hmmm, would it be terrible to admit that I've thought about doing this with one or more of my children?



Just kidding. Really. I am. I promise. Bad joke, I know.

Just D said...

hahahaaaaa! Totally funny! The crate is big enough for at least two kids...hmmmm