* my ass hurts. No, really, it hurts! I think I pulled some kind of muscle right in my cheek and now every time I have to leap over a baby gate it irritates it so much that for like 6 weeks now, my ass hurts. By about 2 pm, after leaping baby gates all morning to let the dog in and out, to fix warmed up bottles of formula, to find grahm crackers and raisins and sippy cups of juice and to let the damn dog in and out again, and to sit splay legged on the floor to change the umpteenth diaper of the morning...my right cheek is KILLING me. It's like...well... it's fortunately UNlike the sciatica I had while pregnant with my little Bear... but unfortunately just as bad and I'm ready to finally call the doctor already. You know? I mean... when I've icey-hotted all over my butt cheek, taken enough ibuprofen to send me off to the potty every 15 minutes, and strapped an ice pack on my hiney with a reciveing blanket and a binky strap...well, enough is enough.
* what? you didn't know I was busy taking care of babies that don't belong to me? where have YOU been? Check out this!
* speaking of the light... I think I'm seeing it. Feeling it. Grasping it. Well then. That's good enough yes?
* Soccer - done and lost. Baseball - done and lost. School? One day left. I'm anxiously anticipatory about it. Excited that the kids can sleep in and read to their hearts content, excited that they can make their own lunches and eat them in the fort outside, excited that Buddy gets to experience sleep away camp and Chick will be on a missions trip... but anxious about the "I'm bored!"'s and the "She's looking at me!"'s and the "Why does XYZ get to go on vacation and we have to stay here?" and anxious as heck about sending Chick to her dad's for the summer. Remember last year? I'll never forget.
* it's summer. My patio is abloom with lovely potted flowers, I built an edged border 'round my concrete patio and it's also blooming with greenery and the hopeful buds of flowers yet to bloom. My glider swing is oft used and the citronella torches need refueling already. This is my time, my peace, my life. I, today, amd hopeful myself, alive and well, and smiling. thanks to you!
* go. go and smell a luscious peony, remember the heady scent of a lilac, inhale the sweetness of a rose, embrace the mind-altering scent of an asian lily. go. go and sip a silky red merlot, nibble the darkest chocolate and kiss someone you love. Think of me and know that I am well and am wishing you peace - peace, light, love, laughter, and pretty things to make your heart grow.
* hugs to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There you are! * hugging you right back *
Does Chick really want to go to her dad again...? (And could she not go, if she didn't want to?)
School's out this Friday, I've got another week of work though - and all my boys will be at football school (nearby), I'll bring them back and forth & try to entertain Anna while I'm working...
(:*D)->-<
- oh, and get yourself to a doctor, 6 weeks is more than enough!
I think I had the same thing... If your doc finds something, I wanna know, k? My doc told me that there was no visible reason for my pain. So, I rested and now, when I feel it twinge, I stop doing whatever makes it twinge.
Best of luck to you!
xo
LBC
Post a Comment