Monday, May 7, 2007

Still Here

I'm sorry.

I'm still here... fluttering around in cyberspace, browsing and lurking and cheering you on in your lives, but in a silent non-intrusive kind of way. I know I owe you: emails, comments, even a mailed card or two... but I'm still struggling with dark things and it's so hard to engage.

But, the thing is... I kind of need you. I need to know YOU are still there even if I'm not able to reciprocate or reply right now. I want to email you, just to say "HI" in a friendly smiley sort of way, but I can't make that personal open hearted commitment. So... could you do it for me? Could you "hi" me even if I haven't "hi" 'd you? Even if I don't "hi" back?

Let me try a little here... it's spring time, the sun is shining, and every weekend is soccer and baseball. My family is well, and I am getting there. Charlie dog is loving the sunshine and lays out on the patio most days, smack in the sunshine. The cats are hopped up on kitty-pot (catnip) and chasing shadows and imaginary things and the birds are singing nonstop making it sound like a tropical paradise most evenings and from about 4 am on. I have my hands full of babies and toddlers these days and my heart is full of joy from that. I have lost nearly 15 lbs and am thrilled...but hungry! I'm healing... but boy is it taking such a long time.

How about you? And you? And yes, you over there, I've been reading your blog too... are you really doing ok? And you!! You hardly write anymore... send me an email update at least! I miss you all...

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Of course I'll wave and smile at you, even if you stick your tongue out at me in return. Why? Because I'm crazy like that. ;)

You could even flip me off, if it makes you feel better.

xox

Anonymous said...

Hi! (Waving wildly)

Am I really doing well? I will be as soon as I beat these allergies, and the last of the semester's assigments is through. Oh, and if I lose 15 pounds like you, that would help, too.

I hardly write anymore? I'm hoping this summer I will be able to put my head into it again.

And of course I know it's not all about me, but I like to pretend it is, at the very least.

Hang in there. I lurk, too, you know.

Ladybug Crossing said...

Hi!
I'm waving! I'm jumping up and down... do you see me? I'm knocking on my computer screen... can you hear me? HEY! I'm in here!!

Did you giggle?
Good.
xo
LBC

Owlhaven said...

Hey, good job losing weight!!

Mary

MommasWorld said...

Hey there! I am here too. I come back a few times a week to check in. I thought of you yesterday when I had to discuss a few issues with Snow White's principal and just about all the other employees of that school. I kept my cool but I did want to throtle them.

I was happy to see your post! Hang in there! We are here if you need us.

Anonymous said...

hey you!
5 spoonfuls of sugar so far! I think that is about what's in my ice coffee this morning. LOL!
It'll be a little cooler today. Have a seat in sun for just a couple minutes today with Charlie and feel the warmth - A nice warm hug from me!

Keep writing...we'll keep listening!

ccap said...

Hey there. No time these days for much more than "hey" but I thought I'd at the very least say that.

Scholiast said...

Hi D - yes, I'm here too... Not a very frequent blogger these days, springtime & real life doing its best to take up all my time. I miss you, though, I'll be back. After my trip to San Francisco next week...

Anonymous said...

Well you know I'm here. I just don't get on the cyber plane much either. I miss you and send you love. Hugs.

Courtney said...

Hello! I haven't been around much lately, but trying to get back in the swing of things. Congrats on the 15 lbs too!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Hi!