The Attitude of Gratitude.
Finding The Silver Lining in Every Cloud.
Count Your Blessings.
It Could Be Worse...
Well, No-one Died Did They?
God Has a Reason For This...
At Least You Have Your -
Whatever. I'm so tired of people trying to use cliche's and platitudes to make it better. As if you could just pour a little sugar over the top of hell and call it dessert.
The thing is, honestly, every person has their own limit for what pushes them over the edge. Each individual's tolerance for the bumps that life throws them doesn't give them the right to compare their hurt and sorrow to someone elses.
I don't want to hear how your life (or your best friends second cousins husbands life) is worse because of ... whatever. I don't want to hear about how lucky I am that it isn't life threatening, that it isn't something anyone else would notice, that it isn't really, all things considered, all that bad. It is... it is to me. It is that bad, other people actually DO notice and it may not be life threatening but... to me, it's bad.
It's not that I don't appreciate the attempts people make to comfort me, I do. But part of why I'm so...pissed off and scared to the core and grief stricken is because no one will say, "yes... yes it's scary. Yes it's hard! Yes, D, you are going to have to deal with this for a long long time. No, D, it's not going to go away. No D, we can't 'fix' it. Yes, D, it's bad." No one. But the truth is all of those things as well as all of the sweet tender uplifting comforts. I need to acknowledge, I need other people to acknowledge, all of the truth and not just the pretty parts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment