Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 30 something (like my age...)

Thirteen Things about D and her Gang

1. So, really, this is supposed to help you learn new things about me and why I blog right? Well, there's 100 things right over there in the sidebar, and theres two gazillion posts I've written, but if you are new here, you want the short and sweet 13 version right? Okeydokeypokey so, here we go!

2. It's nearly Valentines Day and I remember that my mom used to always give me a little teeny box of chocolates on Valentines Day. I don't remember what I got from any old boyfriends or best friends, honestly I don't remember if my hubs ever got me anything special, but I remember my mom and those little boxes of chocolate. What's your best Valentines memory?

3. I used a nearly $300 credit at BedBath&Beyond to buy new dishes... plain white open stock, a delightful mix of square shapes and round, and also a few serving platters. I am so ridiculously happy about it, it's embarrasing.

4. I also bought a handful of gorgeous red toned mix and match pillows for my bed. I was on a mission to make my bedroom inviting and safe and a "haven"... several months ago I had bought a new duvet cover and curtains and I knew I needed to paint but the pillows SO made a luscious difference that I have rarely been so happy to spend such a fortune on anything! The pillows made a wonderful impression and led to...

5. ... me hanging new pictures on the wall and re-arranging the ones I already had up. I added some that were sitting behind the couch in the downstairs playroom and moved some to different walls and ALSO...

6. ... bought some lovely leather "totes" and a matching "storage box" for the top of my hubs' dresser that look both manly and decorative at the same time. I'm so tickled to have a pretty room (well, it's not finished but I've definitely made a dent in the process).

7. Now I need to paint. Sigh. What matches best with pure sparkling white and leather/wood: mossy green, taupe, a sky blue, or a delicate cream?

8. I really enjoy Merlot and my husband likes Chianti. Any ideas for a wine we will BOTH enjoy? And, if not that, then, what is your favorite Merlot? (oh, btw, I'm kinda cheap ~ if it's more than $10 I'm not too likely to purchase it!)

9. It's funny how you can wish and hope and pray for a 'laundry list' of things to happen, and when the one thing that you never even thought was remotely possible (so much impossible that you didn't bother thinking about it) actually happens, you are totally speechless and can hardly say, "thank you" and you end up saying, "thank you God, thank you... thank you, thank you thank you thank you thank you... Oh God, thank you... thank you thank you thank you..."

10. God? Thank you.

11. David? I love you. And I'm thanking God for you.

12. And for our life together.

13. And I think Uncle Jim is with us...
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I sooo want to redo my bedroom too....

My Daddy always makes Valentines day special - that is HIS holiday - Mom took care of the other stuff....and he still sends me stuff....and I am 34..hehe

Great list I played too

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you really perked up your bedroom :)

Leanne said...

Whoohoooo on the bedroom makeover! As soon as you described the things you did, I was thinking gold, a rich creamy gold that looks almost like butterscotch, or honey. That would be beautiful, I think. Camel is another contemporary color that is rich and warm. :)

I would be giggly over an entire new set of dishware, too. Don't be embarassed!

Merlot - there is (or was, last time I checked) a blackberry merlot that is so incredibly yummy. It's under $10 (I'm a cheap wine girl, too!) and I found it at the grocery store - Wild Vines could be the brand, but I wouldn't swear by it.

#9 - whatever it is, what a wonderful awesome thing to be so blessed and grateful at the same time. That made me smile!

I'm in today, too!

Anonymous said...

Are you pregnant, girlie?

Anonymous said...

I really did learn so much about you and I am a long time reader. Wild stuff.
~ Reese :)

Chelle said...

Little Penguin Merlot. Inexpensive and really, really good. Especially when paired with chocolate chip cookies.

Ladybug Crossing said...

Inglenook merlot (cheap but good)... Naked Mountain Chardonet - awesome!! (They are a little vineyard near here and their wines are just wonderful... I suspect anything they make would be just wonderful!) Yellow Tail Shiraz... yummmm!
Oh - and Two Buck Chuck - Charles Shaw - is okay in a pinch.

Hmmm... I sound like all I do is drink wine, but I'm actually more of a Corona lover...

Take pix of your room! I wanna see!!!

God is Great!!
xo
LBC