![]() |
1. I love the cool crisp air of fall and sleeping with the bedroom window open so the air near my face is fresh but my down comforter keeps me toasty warm. 2. I love the smell of the fall air - damp earth, pine, smoke from woodstoves, clean air. 3. I love wearing warm cozy sweaters and soft fluffy socks... with my capris! 4. I love switching from fruit scented body wash to something warm and vanilla-ish or cinnamon-y. 5. I love the way the light in my room looks at both 6 am and about 4 pm... sort of gentle and half-lightish - mellow and almost romantic... perfect for that first cup of coffee and a little blogging in the morning, or a cup of tea and a brief moment of quiet in the afternoon. 6. I love the vibrant and contrasting colors: orange pumpkins and scarlet mums... golden straw scarecrows and red bandana's... 7. I love hot chocolate and hot spiced cider and oven baked apples. 8. I love steamy beef stew with hot flaky bisuits. 9. I love golden afternoons on the soccer field with a thermos of hot coffee and the sounds of happy kids ringing through the air. 10. I love frosty sparkles of dew on the morning grass, and fallen leaves plastered wetly to my windshield. 11. I love the absence of the nightime sounds of those dang mole crickets that kept me up all night... same for that one bird that rises at 5 am and is SO LOUD. 12. I love the sweetness of the air at night after the kids are in bed and I've poured a glass of wine - it's like a nectar all of it's own. 13. I love the incredible and ever changing display of colors on the trees every single day - the road I drive is NEVER the same...
|
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

15 comments:
And I love you :)
I think we'll be great friends, and our kids will play soccer together while we're enjoying our hot chocolate and giggling...
Fall is a great time of year - quiet nights are wonderful!!
i will admit that I like hot chocolate, though i'm still fighting against the season change. :)
I love fall, and miss it terribly. Other than getting darker earlier...its still 105 out here! Enjoy the fall weather!
Thanks for stopping by my 13!
Wonderful list of all the things to love about fall. :) Isn't it a great season? :) Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks for the inspiration, I don't like autumn and it might work a bit better with this :) Happy TT!
I think autumn is the most peaceful season. Great discriptions.
I love fall. And I love this post!
I love fall. You hit it right on the head.
The only place I ever truly experienced fall with nice cool air and changing leaves and such was my few years in Atlanta. I look back on that with wonder. I love living in Florida, but all you get for fall is a break in the heat and humidity, and the 'fall looking' angle of the sunlight that just does something wonderful to my spirit.
Enjoy yours.
I love fall too, and I keep planning to do one of these for my T13. I know now that I could never sum it all up in such a wonderful way - yours is a great post, so well written. Loved it!
Have a great day :)
I must say that Fall has been one of the most wonderful things about moving to New England. I mean, I'd seen pictures of Fall and stuff but as a Southerner, I'd really kind of begun to think of it as a myth...
My parents are visiting me right now and they're such party poopers. They think it's "too cold" and they've closed up all of my windows. We're missing all of the wonderful Fall smells! Gah!
Happy TT!
Mmmmm apples.... mmmm cider..... mmm pie.....
It's all about the food!!
xo
Beautifully-described :)
Happy weekend!
I'm a bit late getting here, but what a treat to read.
http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com
Post a Comment