Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen ... # 33

Thirteen Things about D's Husband

1. Once, he got up out of bed at 11 pm and made me toast and tea just because I off-handedly mentioned I was hungry... this was before I married him, but can you see why I did?

2. Once when my feelings had been hurt by my father and my step father in the same day, he told me, "never mind, I'll love you enough for both of them!" He's never failed me.

3. He was a single college student living in a co-ed house when he met me: a divorced single mom. And he married not just me, but my little Chick too.

4. He remembers the day he proposed to me... I'm ashamed that I don't!

5. My step father once refused to let him near the house (uh, yeah, pre-marraige!) but look at us now!

6. Most usually every time he is out and about without me, he brings me a little something: flowers, a cd, a candle, a bottle of wine.

7. He encourages me to go out on my own some evenings - "Go! go to the bookstore/mall, go to dinner/movie with a friend..." And when I come back, he has waited up and sleepily wants to know all the details and if I had a good time.

8. He calls me from work, at least once a day, to tell me he loves me, that he's thinking of me.

9. He is the right balance of energy for me: he doesn't mind running out for last minute errands or picking up/dropping off kids or a late night ice cream run where as I am in for the night at about 4 or 5pm.

10. He does guy stuff: takes out the trash, mows the yard, fixes the sink... Oh Gah! I LOVE that! It makes me feel taken care of and protected.

11. If I'm scared or sick in the night? He doesn't mind being woken up... doesn't mind at all.

12. He has luscious lips. Mmmmm....

13. I am full of crazy ideas and he is supportive of nearly every single thing I want to do - and talks me up until I can almost believe that I am as capable as he thinks I am. What a guy...

and to top it off? He thinks HE is lucky~ shhhh, don't tell him, but it's definitely ME whose the lucky one! Happy 11 Years Babe, a day early but worth every second of it!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


17 comments:

*~*Michelle*~* said...

That is so nice! It gives me hope, lol!

My Thursday Thirteen is up!

Happy Thursday!

Crazy Tired Working Momma said...

Sounds like you have a great guy :)

My TT #4 is up!

Carmen said...

awww. you are lucky. I'm a tad bit jealous. :)

Domestic CEO said...

He sounds like a fabulous guy!!!

Kassi Gilbert said...

If you had left off the "he does the guy stuff" I would have had to wonder if we married the same guy. But everything else is a match...and I feel the same: I am the lucky one.

Alli's Mom said...

Wow, what a great guy you have there! (which based on your list you obviously know). You are truely blessed!

I played!

Anonymous said...

Awww what a lovely tribute to your hubby. He sounds like the ideal gentleman and I know there are not many of that sort still around. I got me one of them too! lol

Mandy

Chris said...

You know, my marriage is a great one, too. And when I read about yours it makes me wonder why the divorce rate in this country is at 60%! Lucky gal you!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet! My husband is a great guy, but he doesn't do half the stuff on that list. Hang on to that one!

Happy TT! Mine's up!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie pie!! My husband sounds a lot like yours - he fixes things, supports me, has nice lips. *grin*

Thanks for sharing him!

Ladybug Crossing said...

He sounds like a terrific guy - you are so blessed to have each other!! Happy anniversary!
LBC

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a nice list and a wonderful guy! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great list :) you are a lucky woman.

Lisa said...

That is an AWESOME list! And I bet he can list 13 wonderous things about you too!

Peace to you both!

Southern Girl said...

Aww, he sounds like a keeper all right! Hope you both have a happy anniversary. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Unknown said...

Lucky you!He sounds wonderful. Don't let him get away!
Have a very Happy Anniversary, and many more!
Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm getting to this so late. I'm trying to go down the blogroll and hit e/o and only got to the L's last night. You found yourself one awesome hubby!!
Mine is up!!