Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Flit Flies

Flit leaves in a mere 15 minutes. I got the call just over an hour ago and had to hustle through his laundry and packing while trying to explain to him. He doesn't understand "therapuetic home" or "mentoring" or "one on one care". I just said he'd be with a mom and a dad who didn't have any kids and who could play a lot of games with him and he wouldn't be bored (he is NOT getting along with my gang...). He's downstairs watching cartoons with Buddy and Bear and I'm all knotted up inside.

I know the new foster home will be a blessing to him. But I know how he will feel, once again, shuffled off someplace new and having to settle in again all over. Poor Flit.

Bye bye little man... and good luck.

D

1 comment:

ccap said...

Oh how I hope the next home is as loving as yours.