Tuesday, August 15, 2006

momentary respite...

5:47 pm -

there are wet panties on the hallway floor outside the bathroom
there are dishes in the sink and on the table
there are crumbs and dinner slime everywhere
a cup is upside down in the living room
there are legos that look like they've been vomited from the belly of a legomonster with the stomach flu
a partially inflated toddler pool lies abandoned on the patio and daddy's air compressor is in peices all around
someone just said Uh-Oh, but they are strapped in at the dinner table so I will ignore it for now
there is a hungry dog lying under the dining table feasting on Fairy and Baby's dinner droppings
I have bags under my eyes, paint on my hands and in my hair, and my bra is only half hooked in the back. I'm barefoot and my knees are dirty from kneeling down to hug babies and hook legos' out of small mouths and tie little shoes.
Would you believe I did two loads of laundry, swept and mopped the Kitchen, entry, living room, and dining room PLUS painted Chick's bedroom? I did, in between...um... everything else!
I'm tired.
It's time for baths, storys, last minute potty, and then bed (which is an entirely too complicated ordeal which I will soon be asking for advice on!) and I hope I can make it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

D- stop peeking in my windows pretending it is your life girl!

hahaha

Holly said...

Wow... you actually painted a room with two toddlers running around? HOW, I ask you... how???

xoxo

Scholiast said...

Well, they're fed, right? And you're washing their clothes. And more importantly, kissing them.

I wouldn't worry about the mess!

I would, perhaps, consider valium as a sidedish or pudding, though, to ensure a long night's sleep...

Ladybug Crossing said...

Wow - talk about being an over achiever!! Good gracious, woman, take a rest!!
xo
LBC