Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 28

Thirteen ridiculously random things about D

1. I have anxiety issues... I don't know why and I have no control over it and it's getting worse and it makes me angry to be anxious.

2. Lately I've been pissy all the time. I have a sucky bad attitude and I'm always saying things like, "oh my gosh! I'm gonna write them a letter about that!" or, "I'm gonna have to tell the management!" or "Who do they think they are?" or "Move it Lady!" (that one is directed at any car in front of me...)

3. My new Lands End bathing suit has so much lycra and lining and 'shelf support' that it ought to have been labeled "All Purpose Fat Woman Suit". I dont' know why I bothered to wear it - I wore shorts and a long sleeve mens shirt over it. See #1

4. I don't know... I don't know... I totally love and adore my kids, but they are totally driving me insane. Every time one of them opens their mouth my skin crawls and I feel prickles in my brain. If they would ONCE listen when I speak, then I wouldn't have to hear "whats for dinner?" "what are we doing today?" and "what time is it?" 15 times in a day. Today was only the second day of summer vacation. I better get my act together!

5. I wish doing housework and laundry meant that I'd actually accomplished something. Amazingly, it seems, it needs doing every single day. Just when it's done, you sigh and sit down and BOOM dirty clothes explode off of everyone and shoes track dirt and little bodies fling their belongings every which way so that your immaculate and sweet smelling abode resembles exactly what you had JUST finished cleaning. NOT. FAIR.

6. I'm not the mom I wanted to be. I'm not the mom I keep thinking I WILL be. This really bothers me. It makes me anxious. See #4.

7. I'm also not the wife I wanted to be... in theory yes, but in reality? I suck. Oh get your head out of the gutter!!! What I mean is... I'm just not as patient and kind and supportive as I always mean to be. I have good intentions... but bad follow-through. My husband deserves better.

8. I want a tan without getting in the sun. I'm getting weird sun blotches and dark spots all on my upper body so I've determined to try and stay out of the sun this year, but I would really like some pretty legs...do you have a favorite tanning product?

9. Remeber #6 and 8? I find I am kinder and more patient with my friends than I am with my husband or kids. Why? Why should I be nicer to someone else than I am to the people who love me? Dumb... I'm soooo dumb.

10. How often can I feed my kids grilled hot dogs without harming them? Seriously, we were planning a huge end of season soccer party but only a few kids showed up and I have a gazillion hot dogs.

11. I just want to sleep in til noon, watch the Food Network all day, and read all evening while eating warm juicy nectarines and fresh cold green grapes... and a few slices of smoked gouda on some good crackers. Ahhhhh... THAT would be a good day!

12. I leave you with this: Man's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis a woman's whole existence. - Byron


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I can totally relate to many of these - especially the kids and laundry.

Great list - I played too

Red Queen said...

I can appreciate your list and feel for you. I am pretty snarky these days to but realized it is depression and am taking SAMe to counter it. ST. John's Wart is good also but not if you are on birthcontrol pills. Be blessed.
My randomness is up too.

Natsthename said...

I'm SO with you on #11. You know, I watch the Food Network on my treadmill at the gym. I can't remember the last time I slept until noon, though!

Happy T13 and thanks for the visit to mine!

angela said...

Oh honey...I have had all these feelings...I am an icky mom and wife sometimes...and I worry like crazy about nothing...in fact my husband jokes about "the next crisis" I will be hopping to when I leave the crisis I am on. Dumb...

And my kids are making me nuts too...sometimes...all their bickering, not listening, etc...I read them the riot act yesterday...had everyone crying...guess I lost mother of the year for this year.

As for my "medication for crazy thinking and feeling" I read Dr. Atkins Age Defying Diet" and started taking alllll those vitamins...but I think the ones that kind of level me out are the fish oil (which is supposed to give you a brighter outlook on life and is also good for your heart...get the enteric coated, though) and the Walmart ripoff of Estrovent (is that the name?) which I take at night.

But you are probably doing better than you think...we area always too hard on ourselves...

Hope it's a great day for you:-)

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Gosh, I can identify with so many things on your list. I've also been cranky, want to sleep until noon and have anxiety issues. Hopefully today I'll at least not be so cranky.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on these. maybe it's just a pmsy week... and you paid big bucks for that swimsuit! you should wear it!!

Anonymous said...

I have three kids - all boys - all below 5 years... I am constantly repeating myslef and losing my cool... I sympathise with you... Its makes me think something is wrong with me... Why can I not deal with it all with more patience? Oh well!

Carmen said...

Wait, that's only 12. I feel gipped! ;) just kidding. I think hot dogs can safely be served until eternity. :)

Mama Duck said...

Same thing with cleaning and laundry here, that sucks!

Christina said...

I feel for you. It seems like you're feeling kind of stressed right now :( I think we all go through times like that. I'm not a mother yet but I can totally relate to the "I'm a bad wife!!!" days and the anxiety. Hang in there1

Jackie said...

Have another party to get rid of the hot dogs :)

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on #5, it is neverending. So sorry you're not having the best day/week/month/summer?! I hope it gets better soon!

P.S. I agree with the previous poster, have another party and grill all those hot dogs! :)

Chris said...

Oh yeah, I've been there too. I think every woman who wears many hats (mom,wife,housekeeper, etc) feel that way. We do so much and don't get enough "me" time. And as for #4? Mine's coming. Today is the last day of school and I guarantee by the end of next week I'll be feeling the same way!

Courtney said...

Wow I can relate to most of this for sure! I very often feel like I'm not the wife and mom I wanted to be, and I was the most patient person I knew...until I had kids! Now I surprise myself at my lack of patience. Hang in there, tomorrow is always a new day.

Susan said...

I have been where you are with many of these things. I must say that number 9 is so true for so many of us.

Hope things look up and you feel peace soon.

My TT is up here.

Anonymous said...

I can relate!! :)

Kimberly said...

Oh I need one of those bathing suits!! I feel anxious a lot too. I try and talk myslef out of it - does that mean I'm extra crazy?? ;-)

Amy said...

I have been crabby and wanting to sleep until noon too!! I don't have kids, but I know that at this point with my crabbiness and wanting to sleep that I wouldn't be a very good mom either!!! I hope things get better!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW there was a reason why I linked you. At least 6 of your random facts apply to me personally. I'm not sharing WHICH 6, but just so that you know...I don't think that when summer vacation ends I'll be very sad...and I wish that I could just chill out and not let everything get to me.