Thursday, June 8, 2006

Plain ol' Nasty!

... my mood that is.

It started with PMS but that's long gone and over with and I'm still just in such a funky irritable mood. It might be because of:

  • I'm in pain and I can't get it to stop so that really wears on me.
  • It's been rainy and cold and while it's good for the grass and the flowers, it's dreary.
  • I have a totally irrational fear that my pain is some horrible disease and by the time my tests are over with I'll just have a few months to live and I haven't yet become the person/wife/mom I planned on being.
  • I am worried and indecisive and troubled over my Chick and her education and her future.
  • Chocolate and wine, alas, do NOT make me feel better.
  • Neither does staying in my jammies with a mug of my favorite tea.
  • Reading helps me escape slightly, but does not keep my attention.
  • I can't even seem to nap.
  • I couldn't even do a Thursday Thirteen - I've done 26 in a row but today I was totally blank.
  • I feel mean spirited toward another blogger that I usually like... and I know that spouting off about it is ridiculous because really, if I don't like what they say I should just stop reading it and not go back right?
  • I saw a teen clothing shop recently that had MATERNITY CLOTHES. This is our society now? That the cool trendy funky teen shops will sell maternity wear? Holy Shinguards...
  • I feel stupid - so overwhelmedly stupid about 1) the recent Special Ed meeting I attended where they were looking for volunteers and I felt so inadequately prepared to help anyone even though I've been dealing with sped issues for 10 years and 2) I actually have to pay someone to fix Chick's bedroom walls where I took off most of the wallpaper - the paneling underneath is so damaged and I probably could fix it myself but I just don't know where to start and I'm too darn tired and grouchy to learn how.

Now that ya'll are suitably depressed and downtrodden with me... I'll be done. I've sufficiently uncheered all readers so... I'm off to mope around some more and I'll blog when I'm better.

4 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

You are allowed to be grouchy... We still love you.
:-)

xo
m

Chris said...

Hey, we're all entitled to days like that even though they're nut fun. I especially know what you're talking about with the 3rd one you listed, the irrational fear of some horrible disease?? I get that way a lot, but especially just before my period when I get completely paranoid and freaked. I getcha' girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

It is called perimenopause and this too shall pass, some day.

Anonymous said...

I was grumpy last week, too. I actually wrote a post...and held it, and will be posting it tomorrow.

I'm not quite out my fragile mood so I'm thinking am I the blogger your pissed off at? Do you get paranoid when you're like this too?