Friday, May 5, 2006

Friday Fluff

I didn't do much on my TT yesterday. I did make it to one of those big warehouse shopping centers and to the regular grocery store. Chick and I did her homeschool work and filled out her college application and her social security card application. Buddy had his first Trombone lesson and he was so excited! Bear just laughed hysterically because the only noise Buddy can make with his trombone sounds like... um... passing gas.

One thing I did do was to make a new blog. It's not attached to this one, though I don't know why, but you can find it here if you want to. It's also over there on my blogroll titled "The Weight of It All"... it's about weight loss... really boring, but I just needed a place to sort of keep a journal about what I was dealing with. We'll see how often I actually get over there.

I was able to visit everyone who commented on my TT and I actually feel pretty good about that. In case anyone was wondering, the funky smell was 2 apple cores, a peice of cheese, and a mostly empty box of chocolate milk. Chick cleaned it up for me! Love that girl!

It's the weeked - a baseball game tonight, tomorrow is soccer and baseball, Sunday is baseball, and somewhere in there we have to make a trip to Boston to see my sister in law who is visiting but not coming to see us (long story... full of bitterness... but we are choosing to be nice so I won't tell you all the sordid details). I think I won't blog this weekend... I'll be spreading mulch and doing family stuff.

Wishing you all the best...

D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh

Life goes on doesn't it?

I know what you mean about visiting with your friend.

I met a couple at church in the town we lived in for awhile and thought they had the perfect family!
They were wealthy, had beautiful kids, etc.

Then I found out that their oldest son died a few years before we met them.
I was floored!

I thought "how do they appear so normal"

I guess I expected the mother to walk around weeping all day.

But life goes on.
it's hard to lose loved ones but really, they would want you to go on and live life.

Holly said...

Have a great family weekend D!

Scholiast said...

I so envy you the layout of your new blog...