Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #19

Thirteen Things that D Wants (and it's all about what I want isn't it?)

1. ....for Buddy to keep his room clean enough that it doesn't look like something exploded or smells bad or starts to grow things.

2. ....for the toilet to get flushed after every use...for heavens sake! I KNOW your mother taught you to do that!

3. ....for the kids to stop leaving gobs of toothpaste in the sink and their towels on the floor (and those annoying spittle flecks all over the mirror...)

4.....for the dog to learn to wipe his own paws or to learn to stay out of the mud.

5....for the cats to stop running the Indy 500 through the house at 2 AM and using our bed as the lap counter.

6....for someone to realize that a stay at home mom works from the moment she wakes up til the moment she lays down for bed (and sometimes throughout the night too) and that any interruption is just like interrupting the President at HIS job during those hours... come on, would you interrupt the President just to ask him if he was busy? When I am doing laundry or running to the bank or making snacks, I. Am. Working.

7....for the damn hot water to work correctly so I don't have to freakin freeze to death with shampoo in my eyes and then try to shave over goosebumps every. stinking. morning. Or alternately scald the skin off my hands when I use the sink to finish getting the shaving cream out of my armpits. Sheesh.

8....for Charter to FINALLY get us a ding dang phone!

9....And internet service! Hello? This is NOT 1990... get me connected man, get me connected!

10....new tank tops and capris to cover my lard ass but yet leave me comfortable in the sweltering humidity that is sure to come to New England any day now.

11...for the windows to clean themselves and the woodwork to dust itself so I can go spend a gazillion hours raking up the moss in my yard before I lime it and reseed it just in time for the dog to trash it all anyway.

12...R.E.S.P.E.C.T..... seriously, I enjoy cooking and cleaning, that's not the problem. The problem is being treated as if that's all I'm good for... as if no one has to care about doing anything cuz I'm just sitting around with nothing else to do except pick up after them and find their crap for them and make them happy... and be cheerful and friendly while I do it! Is R.E.S.P.E.C.T. too much on Thursday? Or any other day?

13...for my husband to know I'm sorry for being cranky and that I do love him and that I am happy and that I'm sorry for being cranky (had to be said twice... probably could use being said a few more times too!)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep yep yep

I can totally relate.

Now that Amber is gone I do it all.

I told the kids yesterday that things are gonna change...or else!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...you are so in my head! I love your list. Thank goodness I'm not alone!

Undercover Angel said...

I would love all of those things. My TT is up here http://kidzoo.blogspot.com/

Carmen said...

Nothing wrong with the wanting! It's the getting that's the challenge. :)

My list is up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

AMEN!!! SAHM's work very hard and it really ticks me off that women who work outside the home think we are 'unfulfilled' and 'boring' and 'lazy'. What planet do they live on!
Thanks for stopping by my T13.

Anonymous said...

Hey
email me

I figured you had a new email now

novaks8 at gmail.com

Heather Smith said...

Cute post. I'm not a mom yet, but I appreciate you. I spent the last three days keeping my 2 year old niece, my 8 month old nephew, and my 10 year old cousin. Moms are heroes!! Thanks for your stop by my 13!!

Misti said...

great TT. Us SAHM get no respect, what up with that?
My TT are up :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you ! my TT are up

Attila the Mom said...

Bahaha! Fabulous list! Sounds like the kids in my house. ;-)

I'm up too!

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I hear you on numbers 1-3! Thanks for stopping by my T13 today. Happy Thursday!

Katherine said...

Oh good list! So agree with you. I think you are in desperate need of a well-deserved spa day!

Norma said...

If you can get that cat thing figured out, and then sell the secret, you'd be one rich SAHM.

Thanks for visiting.

Joan said...

Numbers 2,3, and 9 get my double vote!! I think all were on my list a couple of months back of things that irritate me!

Thanks for coming by my blog.

Shannon said...

Song by John Bytheway...Christian comedian

Parents song to kids to the tune of "Give Said the Little Stream"

Clean up your room you slob,
What a mess, get a job
You'll get an avalanche
When you open up your door

Your bed's in there
But you can't tell where
'Cause your stuff's piled everywhere

Mounds and mounds of dirty clothes
Moldy crusts from Dominos
It's offensive to my nose
Use a firehose

2nd verse

Look at the shower door
It's not clear anymore
I wouldn't touch that thing
with a 25-ft pole

There's toothpaste globs
On the hot/cold knobs
And a ring around the sink


Sixteen products for your hair
Aerosol instead of air
If you light a match in there,
You don't have a prayer. Poof.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, #3, hands down. I have three guys in my house and it truly gets nasty after they use it. I've pulled them out of bed before to clean up after themselves but so far they haven't caught on. lol

And the cranky bit - yeah me too. *sigh*

Mine are up.

Kelly said...

Great list!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

craziequeen said...

D? Was that you that pranged my Rolls?

Thanks for parking by the way :-)

cq

Unknown said...

Yep, being a stay at home mom is a tough job. I wouldn't want to do anything else. Your post made me chuckle, Hubby occasionally doesn't flush the toilet and that just amazes me! My TT is up!

Ladybug Crossing said...

What a great list! Can I borrow it to hang on my fridge??
LBC