Sh*t.
Infestation of carpenter ants.
Master bathroom.
One was IN MY COFFEE CUP this morning.... *retch/gag
What a way to start the day.
I painted buddy's bedroom yesterday. It was a lovely rosy pink (uh, can you hear that sarcasm?) when we moved in but he had a pretty good attitude about it. We promised his room would be the first one we'd paint. The carpet is silvery gray so we chose a light gray paint with a faintly bluish hint and plain white trim. The room looks gorgeous! It looks bright and fresh and light - today I just need to rearrange his furniture and get him set up again. He slept on the couch last night so he wouldn't lose any brain cells due to the fumes. Bear is pushing for her room to be done but I may do Chicks next instead. She's been very patient and her room is kinda icky: light seafoam green with a shiny floral wallpaper over half of it. She also told me it wasn't a big deal, but I know she'd love a cool room.
Somehow I need to do this painting but I also need to get my lawn fixed. It's all moss. I read up on how to treat it, kill it, remove it and then amend my soil so I can do some grass seed and boy, it looks like a lot of work! We sit smack in the middle of 2 large lots so there is a lot of grass out there. I'm trying to convince myself that if I work slow and steady and plan on planting grass seed in the fall when the rains come again, it will be just fine. But there is another part of me that wants a lush green lawn for the kids to play in for this summer. There is so much to do! I better get crackin' cuz the good spring rains should be coming soon and I'll need them to help me out.
Today is day 2 of spring break - yesterday was all painting. Tonight Bear is having a few girls over for a sleepover so I need to do all the housework I didn't do yesterday, finish up in the family room (still have boxes to unpack down there!) so the little girls can have a place to play and watch a girly girl movie and then get buddy's room set. I'm supposed to meet a friend today but I may ask her to come here and help me out - she would, she's a good friend that way! I was going to bring a yummy spinach/walnut/mandarin orange salad over to her so maybe that will help convince her to come here?
Well, I'm off to go buy some ant traps... ick ick ick!
When I figure out how to post pictures (anyone want to tell me how?) I can post pics of our new house, buddy's new room, and even the ants!
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Blogger actually has a rather easy way to do it. There's a button across the top of the new post window and it can upload a photo from wherever it is saved on your computer.
Well, if you're still using the library computer I don't think you can upload pictures from that one. Otherwise, if you're using your own computer, you can do just what Joanne said. It's really easy. And hurry! I want to see the house! And all of the rooms, too!
When we moved here we loved the fact that there were 5 bedrooms, but were slightly appalled by the colours they were painted in... One room was icky nightmare greeeeeeeen, one was really metallic, dark turqoise and beige. How can anyone do that to their kids?...
Anyway, we've toned it down somewhat ;)
I'd love to see photos - you've just got to have digital photos somehow (by camera or by developing) and then upload into your post, there's a button for it :)
I'm very surprised that the home inspector did not catch the infestation of carpenter ants or have a pest controller take a look around before closing.
Your best bet is to probably spray versus traps. It is the same way here in the Pacific NW. If you don't seriously kill them, they will be horrible to get rid of.
Post a Comment