Oh.My.Gah.
I almost quit blogging.
Totally. Being without internet for so long has twisted my mind.. or untwisted it... whatever. But I was on my way here to the library to do a post and I was going to QUIT. My post was going to be about how I didn't NEED to blog anymore. Great Holy Bloggod! Get this girl a Double Latte or something, she is in serious condition!
So. Phew. Safe for the moment.
Why blog though? That is the question isn't it? And if you blog and you get no visitors, then it really starts to make you question. And if you blog and get some visitors but then don't return the favors, they stop coming by and when you see your visitors drop from, oh, say, 5 per day to 1, it can really sting! And when you want to comment on someone elses and see that they have like 45 comments, it's a little daunting. So I was thinking what to write and it was looking like it was just going to be one big bitchfest because really, who wants to hear how damn happy I am right now? But see, neither do you want to come and read all my gripes cuz, lets be honest, you have your own right? So... again... why blog? Not you, I'm not asking why YOU blog, I'm asking ME... why do I blog? Why bother?
Well heck, why not?
See, I blog in my head all day long. From the moment I wake up and my hand smashes the snooze button to the moment I lay down and turn out the light, there is a constant patter going on in my head. I have conversations with people - I say things I would never normally say outloud. I explain things to myself. I hold long soliliquoys on life and nature and my relationship with God. I talk to God. I talk to myself. I yell at myself, my kids, my husband. All. Day. It is never quiet in my mind. This makes meditation and prayer kinda difficult but that's another story. So, why I blog is to sort of let some of the chatter in my head leak out a little. Sometimes an idea gets creative and touching and I get to tell a story. Sometimes I am confused and your replies encourage me. Sometimes it's just a bitchfest and thats ok.
I do like comments. A lot. So much so that when I don't get any, I feel bad. But I still like to lay out my shit on the line blog it all to peices anyway. I'm not developing any writing talent here, I'm not spinning stories trying to get published, I'm most definitely not sharing info with my family here, and it gets boring and stiff sometimes here but still, I like it. I need it.
It keeps me from falling off the line I straddle everyday in everyway. And with that said, I'll be back soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I like hearing about happiness, and I am always glad to get another piece of the story. Everyone's. And whether I have 6 comments or 60 comments, I appreciate every one of them, and return every one of them.
Do you have a sitemeter?
I bet you get more than 5 a day!
Have you ever done the "who links to me" thing?
Please dont quit!
:)
I am always amazed at some of the blogs that get so many comments.
oh well.
I am what I am, you know?
Thank God you're not quitting! You're one of my first bloglings, you know, and I was absolutely thrilled to have you over the very first time :) Still enjoy your visits... Now, I'll not stop reading your posts, as often as time permits, so don't go anywhere! (Haven't you moved enough..?)
Oh, and it's exactly the same with me... I make posts in my head - in English - all day, and I relish whenever there be commenting ;)
OMG - get something stronger than a latte, woman!!! Don't quit blogging! What will I read??? You do know it's all about me, don't you?? Just kidding!!!
Don't worry about the comments. I was starting to panic thinking nobody ever read what I wrote and then people started telling me - personally - that they enjoyed my blog. Hmmm... that got me thinking - wow - people do read... okay... I guess I'll keep writing...
Can't wait to read your next post!!
LBC
keep on blogging... its a great stress release and it makes other people happy.
Blogging is to help keep us sane. I blog and I really don't care whether others comment on it or not. The main point is that it is a release and better than strangling others who irritate you to no end.
BTW, I've been reading your blog for a while now, just never had a reason to comment.
I read your blog.
Thanks for stopping by the MM, but you didn't register in the link.
Occasionally I start the day with resolve to quit blogging. You get a lot more comments than I do, so I get discouraged.
But today I'm so furious with all the dithering and blathering about illegals, that I just could resist, so there went the resolve.
Hey, I scratch your back, you scratch mine....JUST KIDDING! I do enjoy your blog, especially when reading about your road trip to the new house. I also have a blog entry all planned out in my head everyday, but by the time I am able to sit down at the computer to do it, I'm wiped out. Most of it ends up staying in my head. lol
Post a Comment