Woke up this morning with a migraine. Great. Just what I needed. As of this morning we didn't yet know when the movers were coming so we have been packing a little at a time over the past few days. I'm thinking the migraine is more stress related this time. I felt all hurting and sore and tender most of the day. Sometimes a migraine makes me think deep thoughts. Not always pleasant ones, but deep dark thoughts. Blech. I did laundry and laid on the couch and felt whiny. Blogger was being stinky today and I couldn't even get on. The kids had a half day so I roused myself up for feeding them lunch and then I dozed off and on while they zoned out to cartoons. Chicks date-guy was over and they were chatting in the living room until I drove date-guy home at 3:30. I was gone for 10 minutes. When I got home, hubby was just getting off the phone with the movers. They are coming on Thursday. Wait, what? THIS Thursday? Oh yes... THIS Thursday! Holy Smokes! Let's get crackin'!
In 2 hours I finished Bears entire room (had it 90% done anyway) finished Buddy's room (only 10% had been done) and helped Chick do hers (again, about 10% had been done). I made dinner and am now trying to lower my blood pressure and heart rate with a glass of wine. Once I have enough wine to get to the "I don't care" stage, I'll break into the ice cream and the melty gooey caramel topping. That oughtta take care of my stress!
Hey, do you remember this friend of mine: 'friend'... well, oddly, the mom of one of Chicks other friends called me the other night. I know her a little more than 'a little', but not very much. She was inviting me and the whole gang over to 'friends' house for a going away party. Ok, so, here is what I want to know... 1) why would I want to go to 'friends' house and 2) how mature is it to have someone else call and invite me????? Is this 3rd grade? Regardless, I said it was soooo sweet and generous and of course we'd love to come (oh Gah! the things you do for your kids!) and then I promptly called 'friend'... cuz really... I mean, let's be adults here right? 'Friend' and I chuckled together over the oddness of me coming to her house for a party and I thanked her and she was gracious and friendly (no pun intended!) and so we are all going over for pizza and Chick can be with her two best buddies and hubby and I can be all awkward and uncomfortable until it's over. *shudder I can only imagine the tales that 'friend' has told to this other mom. Sigh.
So folks, this is it. I'm headed back home. Back to Massachusetts. I spent 9 years there, always talking about someday moving 'home' to Washington. Well... I guess 'home' turned out to be exactly where I was when I was there. I can't wait to cut my ties to this town and get my hiney back to my little town where we don't use the letter R when we talk, unless it's at the end of a word with a vowel. I can't believe this California born Oregon raised Washington loving woman is wanting to go to MA to live out the rest of my life. It damn well better be all it's cracked up to be cuz I am sick and tired of whining about wanting to be somewhere other than where I am.
We should be headed out of here on Saturday. Movers on Thursday, cleanup on Friday (plus a comedy show we have tickets for in Seattle Friday night) and then we can be out of here on Saturday. It's gonna be a looooong trip. I'm a little nervous. I'll try to blog from our hotel rooms when I can and fill you in on all the excitement. I don't know how much time I'll have for reading up on my blogroll so if I don't visit you, please don't forget about me!
I'm ready for that ice cream now - see you soon!
3 comments:
I can't wait to read all about your trip and moving and everything. Enjoy MA. We got out 2 years ago and don't want to ever go back. It's so much warmer here!!
Enjoy Bldg. 19!! That's the only thing I really miss.
LadyBug
weird.
good of you to do the right thing and go.
I will be praying for your safe journey (and sanity)
YAYYYY you are coming back to the East Coast!
Good luck with the big move! I'm sure it will be fine and once you get settled you'll be sooooooo happy.
Post a Comment