Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about D's New House!! *Woot*



1. It's pretty! It looks like this. We "close" on March 16th.

2. It has 4 bedrooms which is exactly the amount we needed.

3. It has a master bedroom with bathroom which is actually pretty unusual in an old New England style house... but it's not old and not typically New England which is why it has a master bedroom with bathroom. So there.

4. It has the most huge-est fenced back yard with a lovely patio so Charlie dog can run and play safely and we don't have to leash him and walk him out to the potty spot.

5. It is 8 houses away from Chicks bestest friend.

6. My kids can walk to school.

7. It is in a totally walkable/bike-ridable/stroller-able neighborhood commonly known as "the maze".

8. I will be a whopping 2.5 minutes from MY bestest friend... walkable even!

9. It is in the center of town but near a junction of a backroad so it will still be easy to zip on and off of the main routes without waiting in any traffic.

10. It has a shed - the kind that looks like a little house and is painted the same as the real house and looks totally darling and sweet.

11. It is updated and pretty with nice hardwoods and a new-ish kitchen and no moldy wet cellar smell.

12. It has gorgeous wood framed double entry door at the front and double sliders at the back.

13. I can't wait to be able to do foster care again in this house with it's lovely big yard and walkable streets and sweet 'playroom' and humongo garage for strollers and toddler bikes.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Di! It is great!

That close to Chick's friend? That is so awesome!

You know she has to be happy!

You are such a blessing, thinking about fostering kids.
That is so special!

I am very happy to count you as my friend.

Uisce said...

Congratulations, that's really exciting! My 13 are up!

Kelly said...

Congrats! What a great house!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Renee Nefe said...

Congrats on the great house! love the pix!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today... http://lillyput.blogspot.com and for your comments too. love 'em!

Anonymous said...

The house sounds and looks great, congratulations. We bought the house we live in because it was so close to our girls' school. Thanks for stopping by my site. Have a wonderful day. Take-Care...

Fern Bourrie said...

Congrats on your new house. Looks beautiful!!

Norma said...

This looks fabulous--especially the big yard. How wonderful for your family and those foster children too.

Thanks for stopping by to browse my TT stories.

Piece of Work said...

Congratulations, D! Sounds PERFECT

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous house! I especially love your large yard and gigantic, shiny kitchen. Happy moving! Our neighborhood is known as "the maze", too, as well as the neighborhood in which I lived during middle school and high school. I've decided this is a very good quality in a neighborhood.

jeni said...

OH WOW!!! now i really can't wait to move!! LOL!! what gorgeous new digs you've got there! :) congrats!

happy TT! :)

craziequeen said...

Sounds idyllic - well done, D :-)

Loys of luck in your new home.....

you're linked!
cq

Scholiast said...

It looks incredible! Just the kind we'd want :) Can I come visit?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. i remember when we bought our house, about this time of year exactly, two years ago. We have never regretted it.

Jen said...

My TT are up

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the house! I'm so envious!

It sounds wonderful. I hope you keep us updated!

My 13 are up.

Kimmy said...

I love the new house. It's beautiful. Best of luck.

I hope you're able to start Foster Care again. I admire you for that!

My 13 are up!

Veronika said...

What a perfect place for you all! I am so happy for you and your family.
:)

Holly said...

It is gorgeous! I am so happy for you.