Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

I'm back... not that anyone missed me or anything but... still... in case you did, I missed you too!

I was at a conference for work for a couple of days and we've been trying to get the house ready to sell and it's all been a bit crazy.

The conference was partly boring and partly the funnest (is that a word?) thing I've been to in a long time. One part of the conference was about "motivational interviewing". It was good to learn and I liked that part of it but the rest was not really applicable to me and my job so I had to hold back many a yawn. I was there with a co-worker and the boring stuff was for her so I couldn't really just up and leave. But AFTER the conference and BETWEEN the conference was a heck of a blast. My co-worker is a little older and has led a pretty interesting life. She's stayed single and childless (which she regrets) and has just had so many experiences. She's very fun and easy and laid back and I kept her laughing as much as I could. Not a hard thing to do for either of us. We had a really neat dinner in Fremont and saw this up close. Dinner was at the best Thai restaurant I've ever been to... I have only been to 3 or 4 and I don't eat much variety so maybe I'm not the best critic but WOW... it was really really really good. Chicken Rama, Tofu Fresh Rolls, and Garlic Broccoli and lovely ginger tea. Mmmmm.... and we saw the freaken'est funny dancing guy on a street corner. I thought he was doing a mix of Tai Chi, Yoga, Ballet, and Pole Dancing with a lampost on a busy street corner. It was hilarious - I can't even describe how much we just laughed at him... oy...

While I was at the conference, my house got listed with our real estate agent. They listed it and put up the pictures on Monday afternoon. On Tuesday I got beeped a few times by realtors to show the house (while I was in my conference). When I came home Tuesday night we had an offer...for asking price...by a pre-qualified buyer. *this is me staring blankly ahead, slowly blinking once in a while and shaking my head in overwhelmed amazement*

Now, in case it hasn't occurred to you, when I say Tuesday, I mean, as in, YESTERDAY. We just sold our house yesterday. No big deal you say? They want to close on MARCH 2. Yes, I am aware that typing in caps is equivalent to yelling. I AM yelling. I don't know what else to do. I know I'm supposed to be thrilled, but I am so.... so.... *this is me staring blankly ahead, slowly blinking once in a while and shaking my head in overwhelmed amazement*

Sheesh... 4 weeks to pack up a house, 3 kids, a dog, 3 cats, and a gecko (uh, no, we are not bringing the 2 mice) AND we haven't found a house to buy yet... righhhhht.

So this weekend, which happens to be Chicks sweet 16 (OMG!!!!) we are bringing her with us to look for a house. She's thrilled to spend a day with her old friends and doesn't even want to look at houses with us! We'll take her into the city for a nice dinner and give her some presents and it will be fine. But... we have to find a house. A little pressure? Sure... but HEY! Great Idea! *little light bulbs* YOU can help! Yes, YOU... look at the following houses and tell me which one to buy ok?

House 1
House 2
House 3

I won't tell you which house I like... but you tell me which one YOU like... and by NEXT Tuesday I'll tell you which one we bought. It probably won't be the one I like. Sigh.

Now... I'm off to visit all my "vacation spots" and leave little messages so as to remind you all that I'm here, or back, or whatever.

8 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Hey, still on hiatus here, but I am popping in to vote!

I love the first house--so much sweetness and light.

And the second, with the walkout basement is appealing too.

Holly said...

Oh goody! This is FUN!

First of all, congratulations on selling our home so FAST! There should be no question now that this was the right thing to do.

OK, so all three houses are nice.

The first one has wonderful surroundings/lot, but the inside didn't seem like any of the rooms were very big? Oh, and I'm not a big fan of pink rooms. Guess you could paint though, if you were the same. And only 1 car garage...that would be an issue for us.

House number 3 seems kind of dark on the inside, at least in the pictures. Again, though, nice surroundings and lot, albeit not as large a lot as number 1.

House number 2 is my pick though. There aren't as many pictures to browse, which is a bummer. It is the smallest lot, and the surroundings don't seem as open, but still nice trees and the house is so charming even without the gorgeous surroundings. The thing is, it has 5 bedrooms, 2 car garage, it is so pretty on the outside (I liked the picture from the back), and does it back up to a little forest? Only one inside pic, but it seems cheerful. Like R2Ks said, the walkout basement is very nice to have. That one is my pick.

Can't wait to hear what yours is.

Anonymous said...

Hey I like the first one.
The second one wasn't bad.

The third one seems kind of outdated.

It is hard to tell from pictures.

It's like your own version of House Hunters.

Leanne said...

I like #1 and #3. For the price and square footage, I'd go with #1, but for exterior yard looks and general "standardized exterior prettiness" I'd pick #3!

Congrats on the move!! How exciting!!

Courtney said...

Overall I think I personally like #3 the best.

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you end up getting!

Anonymous said...

I like 1 the best. And holy cow! Your house sold in one day. That is awesome!

Katherine said...

Thanks for letting us share in the "house hunting" - what fun! We move every 2-3 yrs. for my husband's job - such joy. I liked #1 because it seemed to have a lot of charm - would just need to paint over the pink walls, lol. Good luck.

Veronika said...

#3, no dubt! It's so spacious! I love the family room.
:)