Forgot where I found this, even though I just grabbed it a couple of days ago. It actually doesn't seem to have a specific pattern or flow, but it looked fun.
10 Years Ago: February 1996
* I was pregnant with my second child
* I was in court trying to get permission to move out of state with my husband and my daughter from a previous marraige. I won.
* I didn't have any friends
* I thought I wanted to be a nurse
* My mom had been gone (passed away) for almost 2 years but it felt like only a day
* We had never owned a house
* We hadn't owned our own cars (the bank did that for us!)
* We were trying to work it all out
* We didn't have a DVD player or a CD player
* We slept with a billy club under our bed and a baseball bat right by the front door
* I was always scared
5 years ago: February 2001
* I had 3 children
* I was struggling with wanting to be a stay at home mom but thinking that it wasn't an important or admirable job
* I worked part time
* I was still trying to figure out who I was and what I wanted
* I was still in love with my husband
* I did kickboxing 2-3 times a week
* I had 3 beautiful precious friends (still do!)
* We owned our house
* We owned our cars (well, mostly!)
* We had a DVD player and a 100 disc CD changer
* My husbands mother had died just 5 months earlier
* I decided to walk in the Breast Cancer 3 Day
* I had finally stopped being scared all the time
* I had no idea that terrorists were planning to crash airplanes and kill people and bring such sorrow to our nation.
1 year ago: February 2005
* Had just moved 3000 miles away from everything we knew to live near my very sick uncle.
* Husband was unemployed
* I was unemployed
* We were trying to homeschool our teenager for the first time
* My baby Bear was unhappy about the move
* I was unhappy about the move
* we were renting a dark, damp, moldy house that we all hated
* I had no friends (living near me...)
* I was scared all the time
Yesterday:
* It was sunny for the second day in a row after way too much gray sky
* we decided to place an offer on a different house than we originally planned on
* the dog tracked mud on the carpet. Again.
* I took the girls to see Nanny McPhee
* Buddy had a friend spend the night
* We went to the beach at an old Fort and it was beautiful and peaceful and healing
* Daddy and Buddy had some 'guy time' together
* I layed on the couch and watched What Not To Wear and felt my soul heal a little bit
* I still get scared but I also get mad a lot.
5 songs I know all the words to:
* Amazing Grace
* Homesick (Mercy Me)
* The Song That Never Ends
* Bring On The Rain (Jodee Messina)
* Real Live Woman (Tricia Yearwood)
5 things I’d do with a million dollars
* Tithe 10% and donate 40% to a charity(ies)
* Pay off the mortgage.
* buy new cars plus one for Chick
* Invest for the kids colleges
* Built in pool, decking, and landscaping... and hire Rosita (our infamous imaginary housekeeper/nanny/cook)
5 places I’d run away to:
* The Oregon Coast
* New Hampshire, deep in the woods
* Montana
* My friend Karen's kitchen
* My husbands arms
5 things I’d never wear:
* a mini skirt
* spandex
* a bikini
* plaid
* pleather
* sorry, I know this is 6, but I'd also never wear anything with studs, chains, feathers, skull and crossbones, flames, or foul language written on it.
5 favorite toys:
* My palm pilot
* cell phone
* rubber stamps and all that 'stuff'
* Kitchenaid Mixer
* Flat iron
5 favorite books or TV shows
* Little Women
* Little House on the Prairie
* CSI (any of them!)
* Grays Anatomy
* ER
5 greatest joys
* My kids
* My husband
* My friends
* My church
* Having all those 4 things together all at once
5 people I tag for this:
* You
* Her
* Him!
* You too
* and you guys over there... all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It seems like you are doing better now, than 10 years ago. That is a plus right?
I like those books and shows, too.
I don't think I've ever been really scared. Not like that. I wish you'll have the same, intrinsic feeling of safe-being as I've always had - no matter what, when and where!
Kath
xxx
Post a Comment