Tuesday, February 21, 2006

From the Pit

My bear does not "play with toys"... she "plays" with "toys". Can you tell the difference? No? Well, I was cleaning her bedroom tonight - prepping for the Realtors Open House tomorrow, and here are a few ways I came upon to describe the way Bear "plays" with "toys": (mind you, these containers are things she brings with her in the car or outside or downstairs...)

A velvet drawstring bag full of large dice, some fake gold coins, and one Little PetShop Hamster.

A halloween pumpkin bucket full of mardi gras necklaces, some pencils, a feather, 5 markers, and some marbles.

A large bag of Lego's, K*Nex, and some My Little Pony's

A blue bucket with her name stenciled on it from some Easter Past, full of assorted scraps of papers, a few 1/2 peices of plastic eggs, some more Little PetShop 'guys', some rocks (chips of cement really) 7 scrunchies (oh! thats where they've been hiding!) and some pistachio nut shells.

Her Hello Kitty drawstring bag held her CD player, headphones, 2 CD's, her purse with $20 that we'd been looking for, and some Little People, as well as a notebook and a handful of mini-markers.

I'm exhausted just trying to sort and order everything! Her dresser top remains a melange of jewelery boxes that hold strings and sealing wax I'm sure, small bits and peices of all that my bear is. I haven't even begun to pull her bed away from the wall to see what's fallen behind. I only know that I found 6 books from 2 different libraries at the end of her bed, and 3 books that we'd ended up paying for. I weeded out her bookshelve only to find a hidden stash tucked under a sleeping bag in her closet... wtf?

Well. I'm off to vacuum and ponder the meaning behind the hidden stores of treasures my tiny complex little girl hoardes away. I hope I never figure it out - all women deserve to be slightly mysterious eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!
Jordan is like that too!

I dream of her playing with a cute doll house like it was meant to be played with...never gonna happen!

She also plays with the little animals but in very unique ways.

I think it is a good thing D.
They are thinking "outside the box" and it means they are ultra creative.

I hope.

lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like my Gracie. :-)