Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday

When the alarm rings it always takes me a second to fully recognize that it is MY alarm... and I always think "oh crap!" while I reach out to hit the snooze.

Today was no exception. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, "oh crap", slap, silence. Except that today I got to roll over and wedge myself in tight against my husbands chest, pull his arms over me, and know that I did NOT have to arise from this warm safe cocoon of down blankets and flannel sheets. Today is the best, it's "NO SCHOOL"! I am more excited than my kids! I got 7 more minutes of snuggling before husband had to get up for work and then I got the bed all. to. myself. Bliss!

I just got up finally at 7:30 to let the dog out and to stop by here for a few. Now I'm ready to go, it's coffee with a friend this morning and then grocery shopping and then who knows what the day holds... anything could happen... its "NO SCHOOL"!!

4 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

No fair! I want no school too! Hehehehe...have a great day!

Veronika said...

Yay! Happy 'No School Day'!
:)

Anonymous said...

we had a half day today and no school on Monday.

AND they are forecasting a chance of snow.

(a chance)

Today my car said it was 75! outside.
Im wearing shorts and flip flops.

Just D said...

What? Shorts and flip flops? Man, we've got serious wind chill here and my fingers are blue. Pllllppp to you!