Saturday, January 28, 2006

Spam Help??

No, not like spam sandwiches or fried spam or spam casserole, but the weird spam messages in my comments area. I've only gotten a couple, but I don't even know how to delete them... can anyone tell me how to just erase them?

Thanks!

D

(who is feeling better today but who's 2nd offer on a house to buy was rejected - sigh)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I use the "word verification" where they have to type those funky letters out. It stopped it for me. I also use Haloscan now - and haven't had a problem with spam yet. You can even have Haloscan install it into Blogger for you! :)

Scholiast said...

If you go to your dashboard, there's a button thingy called Moderate Comments. Also gives you access to delete them.

WV usually gets rid of most of them, though.

- I remember when you and I were quite green in the blogosphere, didn't know how to make a blogroll, even, and look at your blog now! :)

Anonymous said...

someone told me yesterday...on each post there is a trashcan...hit that button


duh

I spent a long time one day trying to figure out how to delete them.

You can also delete a post you made on someone else's blog.

Holly said...

To avoid them in the future... set your blog to require a code to be input for comments. Kind of an extra hassle for leaving comments, but it does the trick!