Thursday, December 1, 2005



Thirteen Things about Straddling the Line



1. I'm solidly straddling the line today... so far. I have everything under control (damn you, stop laughing at me!)
2. The kids are at school with their homework and lunches and are giddy with excitement over having $4 to spend at the BookFair.
3. I just spent $4 on a latte. Doesn't seem fair somehow.
4. A double tall nonfat with one splenda just doesn't sem worth $4. Or worth drinking.
5. Is this lining up weird?
6. Ok, I take back #1
7. I'm at work, I have cramps, my back is throbbing, and I need an attitude adjustment. Yep, definitely taking back #1.
8. We adopted a Christmas family. I can't wait to start shopping for them. 3 small children who only want underwear and socks. Can you imagine if that were all you were hoping for for Christmas? My son said, "yes, but, doesn't Santa go to their house?" Oh he's breaking my heart. How do you really explain poverty and Santa at the same time?
9. No snow here. Frost, thick rain, COLD, but no snow. I wish....
10. We've been homebodies for the past week - very limited evening activities and it's been so peaceful. I did not spend my time on housework. We played. We read, we watched a movie with the kids, we got out the Christmas decorations and began spreading them out. I love it.
11. I have so much work to do. But... I got it under control.. really! (stop laughing!)
12. This much rapid typing is making my wrists ache fiercely. No, it's not carpal tunnel, it's "bad posture" mixed with "self taught typist" and a healthy dose of "hurry before your boss gets in".
13. Oooh, I'm done.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13. I think there is a lot of PMS going around. I've got it too. Hope you do more Thursday 13s! I liked your list. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I did it too.
My first time. :)


Think about it though...panties and socks become pretty important when you have none.

In fact, that is one of the best gifts my mom ever gave my girls!
She isn't the best gift buyer in the world.
She always gets the sizes wrong but amazingly did not on the panties and socks!

Misti said...

http://jbyrdsgirl.blogspot.com/2005/12/thirteen-things-about-mrs.html

see, i don't paying $4 for my mochas,they are heaven to me. while drinking them, i hear nothing but a peaceful hum.

Leanne said...

$4 is not bad, really. Let's justify this for you so you don't hesitate in the future to indulge. A good home machine costs upwards of $600, the REALLY good ones that will grind beans around $900+.

There, better? Enjoy your frothy warm latte and when you're done? Go buy another one! :D

Thanks for joining in!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am planning to visit you more this month now that my schedule is soon to be freeing up!

What a great idea to adopt a family. I should look into that.

Sleeping Mommy said...

Oh man, I remember the days of book fairs when you could buy books for so little. I miss that.

Here's the link to my thirteen:

http://sleepingmommy.com/?p=66

rashbre said...

A very enjoyable TT! My first visit here and I liked style of your comments. $4 seems a lot, but I suppose UK£2.20 is about the same for a Grande Latte here in London. With a token cookie or similar it edges towards UK£5.00. Whats that? nearly $10. I suppose the experience and people watching counts for something?

My TT is at rashbre

Unknown said...

Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen - Places I've Lived

I've got so much work to do too! None of it under control!

Anonymous said...

I swear most of the thirteen's I've read are suffering from cramps this week. Lol. It's pretty interesting. Kind of like when roommates in college all end up on the same blasted schedule and their all moody and weepy at once. :) Hmmm, maybe I should expand my theory on the to blogs now.
Here are my 13...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for visiting my place and for the lovely comment.

About poverty and Santa - I have always told my children that those families who can afford to buy their own presents give money to Santa to help out on the expenses. They have NEVER questioned Santa and completely accept that I give Santa some money and he chooses the gifts and leaves them under our tree. It works for us.

Jen said...

What a neat 13! Thanks for stopping by :-)