Ever hear that old saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"? That used to scare the doody out of me as a child. I totally didn't understand it and thought somehow that it meant I was going to end up in hell. Wait, no, that must've been my dad talking... but seriously, the saying was too weird to comprehend as a kid. Now? Yeah, still not so sure about it. But at any rate, it seems to fit the moment. Today is the first day of my blogging.
Which really means that today is the day I spend hours fiddling with things like HTML and other acronyms that will have me calling desperately for my computer geek husband to help me out. Computer literate, me? Can you not hear the roar of laughter from those in the IS department at my work? Sigh... thank goodness my saint of a husband knows all about computer stuff... it's a fine tradeoff for ME knowing all about things like, oh, say, vacuuming, folding laundry, doing dishes, and being the Finder Of All Lost Things.
I get a lot of leverage out of being the Finder Of All Lost Things. Sometimes I even get money out of it! As in, "yeah, first person to find Daddy's wallet gets $5!!" And in, "if I have to find your shoes for you, you will have to pay me with your allowance!" Of course, since I don't GIVE allowance this is not very effective. Maybe I'll have to start... giving allowance that is.
Well, enough babble for day one. Time to go and play with Template! and Settings! and Preview! oh my...
In the meantime, check out this site: www.meghanshope.org and then go hug your babies, your neices and nephews, or even your neighbors. And stop by to sign Meghans guestbook.
"D"
No comments:
Post a Comment