Friday, April 4, 2008

Emergency Preparedness

I've seen the posts on emergency preparedness. I've seen the lists of how much water to have on hand, how many batteries and rolls of toilet paper, how many bandaids and blankets.

I've seen the other posts on emergency kits for potty training kids, the ones where moms put an extra diaper, pack of wipes, and change of clothes always in the console or the trunk.

Here's a new one for you.

Yesterday when I was preparing to venture out to the orthopedic surgeon for this, I was also in the midst of this. So I packed up my own little emergency preparedness bag. Along with my dayplanner, cell phone and chapstick, I tossed in an extra shirt, a washcloth, a bottle of no soap no rinse cleanser, gum and mints, a plastic bag, a mini bottle of bath and body spray, and my bible.

Fortunately, I didn't toss my cookies anywhere inappropriate or at an awkward moment, but I did discover that after 24 hours of nothing, although the idea of a smooth cold Wendys Frosty sounded perfect, it was exactly the thing I should have avoided. Note to self.

If you are ever out and about with the potential for tossing, the washcloth and cleanser are probably the most important. I probably should have added a bottle of water though.

No comments: