It's almost Wednesday morning by my clock. That means it's really only, sort of, like, almost just one day away from Thanksgiving.
It's my favorite holiday.
All the thankfullness and greatfullness and food. And? It's an anniversary of sorts for me and my hubs. It's sort of like our first real date. Me, inviting him, a lonely far from home college student doing an internship, over to my family's crazy Turkeyday Feast. And look at us now...
...sitting on the couch at 10pm discussing which veggies go best on a veggie platter and which cheeses go best with which crackers, discussing what I need and what he has time to help with and oh, how much fun this will be... our 15th Thanksgiving together.
Thank you, beloved, for your gifts of patience, endurance, kindness. Thank you for your generosity, your fairness, your devotion. Thank you for your ability to turn my irritations into adorable quirks, your power to ignore the worst parts of me and only see the best, your capacity for understanding. Thank you for reading to our children, doing homework with them and knowing more about fractions than I do. Thank you for getting excited about "Mystery State #11" and which country borders the Atlantic and the whatever other ocean there is. Thank you for loving AFV and for caring about our Chickies college and our Buddy's music and our Bear's progress as ferociously as any momma bear alive.
Thank you for the tender sweetness in Vermont, the quick thrill of sleepy lovers, the love of endless candlelit moments behind closed doors.
Thank you for sticking up for me when it's a toss up between blood and water - between obligation and heritage versus desire and new life. Thank you for taking my side, being my foundation AND my shelter, for being my best friend in the whole world and still being the one and only man I have ever desired.
Thank you for cooking when I'm tired, holding me when I'm crying, loving me when I'm irrational, forgiving me when I'm irritating, accepting me when I'm wrong and letting me think I'm right anyway.
Happy Thank You day my beloved...
My debt to you is beyond life, beyond death, beyond peace, and I will pay you back.
I love you....
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment