She is my Meme. My "me" "me". My "meee meee". She is my Meme.
She is 2 weeks and 4 days past her departure date. She is wide eyes in the night, squeal in the day, two teeth bite, and can't sleep just wants to play... she is my ell oh vee eee why oh you.
She is my. "Meme? Whats the matter my Meme? Oh Meme... I love my Meme, c'mere Meme" as I stroke her whispy hair and full round cheeks.
She is my. "Meme! Oh Meme! You're so dang cute Meme! Oh Meme! You smile for dada Meme??? Smile for me, Meme!"
She is my, "Oh Meme, it's ok Meme... it's ok! Don't cry my Meme, it's ok Meme...oh my Meme..., you are safe Meme, safe..."
She is my slow to warm up to me, took a full week to see her true self, fall asleep without a peep in the first three weeks but now she shrieks until I rock her in my arms to sleep, my crinkle her nose at me, looks best in pink, and will never be mine...Meme.
Oh Meme. I pray for you day and night, moment by moment. I wish you health, love, security, safety, stability, tenderness, gentle touches, innocent kisses, warm bubbly baths, dry diapers, clean clothes and a safe warm dry bug-free rodent-free insane-free life.
I wish you a teenhood of not too tight jeans, not too short shirts, not too high heels, not too harsh makeup.
I wish you a childhood of breakfast with your daddy, lunch with your friends, and dinner with your mommy. Weekends with your grandparents, birthdays with your family, and everything my own children have.
I know it can't be. But oh Meme... oh my Meme... I...ell oh vee eee why oh you. You are my Me. Me.
Love, Your 'damama'... forever and ever and ever. I drench you with my love, I hope it matters.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I don't know how you do it. I love when you write about the babies... Hugs.
Post a Comment