Question:
I have a lovely solid dark wood dining table. It's gorgeous! I must have been cleaning it wrong because lately it looks dull, it's slightly tacky or sticky all the time, and there are some spots that look a little like the finish has worn through. It's just under a year old.
I used to wipe it with a damp rag and then use regular old dusting spray or furniture polish on it. Lately I'd gotten lazy and was just spraying it with an all purpose spray and wiping it down (when we had Fairy and Baby the table was ALWAYS a mess!) or even using disenfectant handi-wipes. Recently I tried using plain vinegar to clean it, hoping to remove the sticky residue but it hasn't really seemed to help.
Any suggestions?
D
2 comments:
We use this. It might not restore the varnish, but it will make it shine and look nice. The thing is, it stays wet and oily for a long time, so don't use very much at a time.
http://www.greatcleaners.com/woodcleaner.html
Sorry. I meant to leave that link.
Orange Glo Wood Cleaner and Polish
Post a Comment