Anyway, the kids had fun picking out their peices of plastic to purchase and I had fun drooling over all the sweet baby supplies (of which I purchased none thankyouverymuch!) and we all enjoyed the cool air conditioning. It may be that the draw of air conditioning is what pursuaded two otherwise sane women to haul 4 children into ToysRUs. It has been a tad hot. How hot? Well, with my portable AC unit pumping full blast all day, all shades drawn and windows shut, and all ceiling fans and small upright fans blowing, the best I could do for the inside of my house is this:

That reads 80 degrees. And you might maybe need to know that the thermostat is in the direct path of the AC blower so it's likely it was a squidge higher than that. It was so humid and nasty that all my pretty flowers looked like this:

ohhh, sad sad little ranunculus...

awwww, poor little Gerbera's....
and just look what happens to poor Kittykins when the weather is so miserable! Good heavens it looks like she melted!
but no, she is alive and well if slightly damp and unhappy. After TRU, we hit a sporting goods shop for cleats. Buddy got new cleats the other day but my friends son needed some for football so in we went to yet another cool air conditioned store for more shopping. I wasn't supposed to get anything but...well... after seeing these around forever and even though I thought they were uglier than an actual dino-reptile, I broke down and bought these: 
A pair for me in turquoise and a pair for Bear in blue. I still think they are hideous, and the price for a pair of waterproof peices of foam seem exhorbitant, but when I slipped my hot, tired, sweaty, and aching feet into these Crocs, I HAD to buy them. I have pain in my feet and low back everyday. I have the beginnings of arthritis in the ball of one foot and really high arches that just can't get quite enough support and these shoes felt sooooo good! I like them clog style and Bear likes her back strap and we both think we are just so stylin' now! What a treat... I can't wait to wear them for a full day and see how I feel afterwards.
Now we are all together and the day is nearing an end, complete with major rain and thunder to add to the joy of the stifling and sticky house. I have a fresh and fully loaded pasta salad sitting and marinating in the fridge, a chick flick to watch with my own dear chick, and this to look forward to tomorrow... happy happy weekend to you all!
4 comments:
love the crocs, I want to get a pink pair...big surprise.
Love the shoes!
Poor sweet kitty... melting into the window sill...
Have a great weekend!
Your kitty is way too cute!
Croc shoes are all of a sudden taking over Toronto. They are everywhere!!!!
So they are as comfortable as everyone's saying?
Hmmmmm.
Post a Comment