- I ate Ice Cream last night. Today I am bloated and miserable. I hate when I do this to myself. I was "rewarding myself"... ha. What a reward - icky tummy and fuzzy brain. Nice.
- Migraine? Day two and still there. Not bad enough to justify lying in bed, but bad enough to make everything I do, challenging and painful.
- Bear has a cold. She was up at 12 and 2 and then I was up at 3 and 4 checking on her. It was like having an infant! I don't know why she (or I) was up so much - it's just a stuffy nose and mild mild fever. But since Buddy was up at 5 to pee and then at 6:30 to make a lot of noise trying to be quiet.... I got VERY. LITTLE. SLEEP. last night. I am as cranky as I could possibly get - like, irrationally cranky... oh it's gonna be a fun day.
- I thought about quitting blogging again. I am spending too much time on the computer. But then again, most bloggers I know complain about this. So... whatever. I'm too cranky to think about it very much. Except that if I could spend a solid hour or two all at once I could get my little fix in instead of doing 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there and pecking away at my day and feeling like I'm not doing anything fun OR productive.
- I had a total Ah-HAH! moment recently (and not necesarily a cheerful moment) about my parenting. I sat down with the kids and we talked about chores and allowance and we came up with a whole new plan of action. We're using poker chips and chore lists and allowance + the option for earning special time one on one with a parent. I've never given allowance before. I've tried chore charts that failed. But I also recognize that I've been doing some lazy parenting in the last 18 months when we first moved away and my uncle was sick and then died. I had my little crisis and grief thing and I need to take back control of my life and my kids now. I need to take myself in hand and shape things up. It's actually more of an "Oh Sh*t" moment than an "Ah-HAH!" moment. But pretty soon we'll be back to running smoothly.
- Over The Hedge was a cute movie. The funniest thing was the Squirrell asking people to help him "find his nuts" and seeing the 3 10 year old boys totally fall into hysterics over that one line. I was just giggling at them more than the movie. Buddy enjoyed his little party and even though we asked for no gifts, the boys all brought him something anyway.
- One of Buddy's friends, age 10, has his own cell phone. It is not one of those kid ones where you only have 4 numbers you can call, but a real live phone with a gazillion ring tones and screens and ... WHAT? First of all, this kid's parents are sort of weird and "we dont' let him watch certain movies" and "we don't let him listen to certain music"... which is fine and all but those values seem to clash with letting a 10 year old have his own cell phone. I mean... I thought it was weird. He called his mom like 3 times just to say "hi we are at the movies now" and "hi we are eating dinner now" and "hi we are coming home now" and it was just sort of freaky. He was talking about how he got it at Christmas but that he was saving to help pay for a Razr phone. *shaking my head... I don't get it. We JUST let our 16 year old get one, and it was more for wanting her to have a tool for safety so she could call us if she needed us, or so we could reach her when we needed to. PLUS she has to buy most of her own minutes. I can only think that this kid has some weird separation anxiety thing and the phone lets him call his mom when he needs to... and allows him to get out of the house and be normal while still keeping in contact with mommy dearest. Seriously... a 10 year old with a phone? And it's not even like he is home alone or is in daycare or a ton of sports or after school activities either... I'm so totally weirded out about this.
- My brown mini van (oh, be still my heart!) was in the shop for some minor work. I cruised the lot looking at other cars just to see what else was there. I'd love to drive something smaller and more gas efficient but I can't see how anything smaller than a van is going to work. We need to seat 5 people on a pretty regular basis, and often enough it's 6 or 7 so I think I'll be driving that van forever... I mean, I actually always wanted to drive a mini van - I wanted to be a mom and do all that mom stuff... but it's been 10 years of driving a van with no end in sight and...well... I just thought it would be nice to look. I hope my van didn't get her feelings hurt. She's been good to me!
- Why is it that Monday thru Friday the alarm goes off at 6:45 and I have to drag my self out of bed kicking and screaming and often I'm so tired that I stay in bed for a few extra minutes and then have to fly through showering and dressing... but on a fine peaceful Saturday my eyes fly open at 6:30 and I can't sleep anymore? Why? WHY? I want to voluntarily wake up at 6:30 Monday thru Friday... and sleep in til.. oh, say...7:15? on a weekend. Sigh.
- It's Saturday. I have one sick kid, I'm cranky as hell, my in-laws are coming, and we have one soccer game and 2 baseball games, and the grass is totally overgrown but now it's so wet and sodden that cutting it will be a nasty chore. Chick is having trouble with her father about summer vacation, I still need to get a new drivers liscence for this state, Chick needs her permit, I forgot to change my primary care physicians name with my insurance company for a dr. visit I have on Tuesday and my dog left muddy paw prints on my just mopped floor. I'm out of cream for my coffee and I need to make Buddy a birthday cake AND cookies and I need to buy Ice cream for the Ice Cream Sandwhiches I need to make for his class party on Monday. My migraine is still hurting like heck, my laundry got out of control, some flowers I planted died, and I'm broke. And did I mention that my in-laws are coming? As well as a cousin AND a good friend... and I did not clean the house yet. Thank to my TT comments I learned that Peonies will give me ants, which I already have enough of Thank You so I guess I will not be planting those beauties too near the house. I'm ready for my second cup of coffee now...
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Randomness Straddlings
Let's spend 10 minutes inside my brain this fine Saturday morning hmmm? K?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Girlfriend, I've definitely had days like those and I feel one comin' this weekend. And as for the cell phone, I'm getting my 9 yr old one, BUT...it's going to be that little blue one, the fire fly that is programmed to only make calls and take calls from numbers I put in. And, he won't have it all the time. I decided this last night because he is on the set up/clean up crew for the school play and I had to sit there last night from 7:30-9 p.m. while he cleaned up after the play. Tonight, he's going to take his dad's cell phone and call me when it's time to pick him up. But to carry a cell phone all the time? Not even!! There is absolutely no need, period. I'm amazed at how many of his fellow 4th graders have cells. Especially the girls!
Okay - take a deep breath... it's Sunday! I'm sure the world looks a little different today - Well, I hope it does for you.
The world gets overwhelming at times...
Hope you have a better day today.
LBC
Whatever happens - you cannot stop blogging! I'll want to know what happens to you for the rest of your life, and you've got to keep me updated ;)
Hope your feeling better from your migraine soon!
Post a Comment