Sunday, March 5, 2006

In Which I Fall In Love, Make An Enemy, and Learn that I DO Know How to Bowl...

Long day... could you guess by the title of this post?

Let's see... which topic should I start with first? The enemy one? Oh, yes, that's a good place to start.

In which I make an enemy, all I really want to say about it is that if you have a teenager, in particular if you are the mother of a teenage girl, and particularly if the said teenage girl is at that pivotal age of, oh, say, 16? Well, then you probably know what I am talking about. I AM my daughters enemy. At least today I am. By 10 pm and Greys Anatomy, I should be back in her good graces. I guess if I keep trying to be a parent, I will occasionally be the enemy and that is just how it should be.

In which I learned that I DO know how to bowl? Well, I guess if you use bumpers then anyone can appear to know how to bowl... and let me say, I will NEVER go bowling without... thank you little Bear! But suffice it to say that after several humiliating and life altering experiences with bowling balls in my past, I have today actually had a bit of competitive fun (and I got more than a few strikes too!) and no lasting scars.

In which I fall in love? Oh... THATS what you wanted to know about... well I did it. Today I fell in love. He was big, tall, handsome... and he bent down ever so gently and tenderly 40 times to hold my little Bears hands in his and to help her aim that bowling ball toward the pins. He smiled all the time, cheered at every pin that fell, and generally made my little bear feel like a queen. He is my husband, and I do love him, but watching him be such a treasure of a daddy today just made me fall in love all over again. My heart said, "Ohhhh, yes... thats why!" I wish my momma was here to see what a good man I chose.

2 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day after all...
LadyBug

Kimberly said...

Your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. All's well that ends well, right?

PS- I'm the enemy a lot too.

xo