Friday, March 10, 2006

Do Over!

My TT was pretty lame. The color was off and I had no idea how to fix it. I was, for some reason, speechless and boring (not that boring is all that unusual for me!) so I thought I could call for a do-over. I didn't want to repeat the TT theme cuz that might throw a few people off so then I thought about Nello doing the Friday wrap up and wondered if I could maybe use that as a theme? But then I remembered the Friday Feast that I had signed up for and I got all happy and excited until I remembered that I never got a confirmation OR a reminder so I was back to just thinking I could do a Do Over without the standard TT theme... ya think? So... for all intents and purposes, this is actually a Thursday Thirteen... written late on Thursday night... and posted for Friday morning... without a cool background and banner and nifty little blogroll... ahem... here we go:

MORE Things On Thursday:

1. A lot of Asperagus= smelly pee. A lot of Rum = a lot of pee. A lot of Rum and a lot of asperagus = a lot of smelly pee. NOT so attractive...

2. Pretty painted toes and soft exfoliated touchable feet do not make up for a lot of smelly pee.

3. Reversing vasectomies is WAY expensive! Huh... whooda thunk it would cost so much to be able to procreate? I wonder if all males had vasectomies at age 12 and then had to pay 6 to 10 thousand to be able to get their sperm back, if it wouldn't make a tremendous difference in the amount of fatherless and motherless children wandering around? Hmmmm...

4. I really do have to start packing my house up. I have done all the closet cleaning but still need to get to under the sinks and the pantry before I will feel "ready" to pack... am I twisted? Wait, don't answer!

5. My coworker keeps asking what I will do once I've moved... I have a zillion answers but really, why can't I just be a mom? Why can't I just be a mom, and have some foster babies, and offer a before school home childcare and homeschool my Chick and not HAVE to do something else? Why?

6. I used to make school lunches in the morning while I was getting breakfast together. Now I've been making them at night and I am totally amazed at how it changes the flow of things to just KNOW that I've already made the lunches and only have to deal with breakfast... like, it's been life changing! Weird...

7. I am really struggling with how to make my blog look 'personal'. I can't quite figure out who I am (well duh! that's the whole deal behind blogging!) and how I should "look"... I feel so bad for Denise who is trying so hard to help me... hey Denise, I'm soooo sorry!

8. Today was brilliantly sunny. It was also dark and overcast. It also hailed, rained, and snowed, and then it was sunny again. I'm telling you! It was quite the day! It mirrored my heart perfectly.

9. Charlie dog got a new squeaky toy. It's this tiny pink fleece hippo that squeaks. There is not much cuter than an 80 lb dog curled on his bed inside his crate with little pink fleecy hippo peeking out from under his paws... it's only cute until he actually starts obsessively squeaking the poor pink hippo.

10. I got my first order of the "as seen on TV" Bare Minerals makeup. I can't wait to try it! When it arrived, I already had a full face on so I convinced Chick to let me try it out on her. It looked pretty good. We'll see how it looks tomorrow on my old lady face!

11. Watched Zathura with the kids tonight - cute movie! But scary for Bear. She covered her ears almost the whole time, and her face/eyes about 75% of the time! Little sweetie...

12. I ate millet today. Isn't that what birds eat? Toasted and then cooked like rice, tossed with roasted asperagus and carrots and drizzled with olive oil... was pretty good. I had overindulged one too many times and decided today to try really hard to eat healthy and drink lots of water. I did alright. Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow? Yes.. I think I will. More millet... sigh.

13. Right now I need chocolate. Or sugar. Or just chocolate covered sugar. But I think I will go drink water and go to bed. I'll be up a dozen times getting rid of that rum and asperagus situation so I should probably go to sleep early to make up for it!

14. Yes we really did sell our house... mostly. And even if we hadn't of, we'd still be leaving for MA and our new house on the 18th. It's just... time. Time to go, time to get on with it, and time to stop being here.

15. What are the top sights to see in a cross country trip? We are driving from WA to MA and want to have a little fun along the way - Yellowstone and Rushmore are likely closed for winter so... what do YOU recommend for fun in YOUR state?

16. I've packed and moved like this before so I don't need packing tips - but I've never driven more than 2 hours at a stretch. Any tips on a long drive with kids/cats/dog/gecko??? Please???


Happy Friday, have a good weekend, and send me some good packing vibes!

9 comments:

bestbuddie said...

If you are using an atlas, play the 'license plate game'. Use the index in the back of the atlas and check off every different state plate you see as you go across the country. Also, I think Yellowstone is open all year round. There is still much to see in the winter. There is a wonderful carousel in Missoula if you drive through there, it's kind of fun to stop for a leg stretch.

Crazy MomCat said...

Your number 1 just cracked me up. I'm glad I don't like asparagus. Rum, well, that's another story. (grin)

I'm counting on a good pedicure tomorrow to cure myself from a spring break week without the hubby in town. Whew, that was a long one.

Good luck with your travels and your move. Be sure to update us on all you see and do along the way!

Anonymous said...

yep, millet is what birds eat.
i'm interested in hearing how the makeup stuff goes.
and pee always smells, so don't worry about that.

Chris said...

#6 is a must. I always make lunches the night before and it's amazing how much more time I have in the morning. As for #10, I've used Bare Minerals forever and they are great! Check out either QVC. She sells on that channel. The prices are great.
http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&CLASSLEVEL=&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-SEARCH&txtDesc=bare+minerals&SearchClass=

Or, you can visit her store her in L.A. lol. I've been a couple of times for just a few essentials but it's more expensive that way. Enjoy!

gina said...

I am so wishing you good packing vibes! And a lovely weekend!

And I gotta try that lunch packing thing!

Kimberly said...

Oh my. We drove from CA to VA with 2 kids, 3 adults and 2 dogs in a mid-size SUV. It was 3 years ago and I'm still having flashbacks. (just kiding) It was actually a really fun trip. Good luck on yours!!

Reversing vasectomies...I'd like to order one of those for my hubby. He's not as keen on the idea as I am though.

Katherine said...

Good luck with packing and moving! I've been using Bare Minerals for years and LOVE it, would never go back to using anything else.

Norma said...

Good luck with the packing. That's never easy. I'm neat with the first 20 or so, and after that everything is thrown together.

Couldn't read much of your TT, but I always buy 3-buck Chuck Merlot--I'm not too picky. I'm into value.

Thanks for stopping by my MM. Is the daughter's date an MM?

Holly said...

I think your plan to be a Mom and Foster Mom is an excellent one! There is no rule you have to do anything else.