![]() |
1. I usually do my 13's late Wednesday night while laying in bed and using the laptop. Last night I was emotionally wiped out and went to sleep at 9 after taking my regular dose of xanax three times... ahem... so then I was at work today and yadda yadda yadda. 2. I love TT. I love seeing "20 Comments" and feeling like I'm someone important for one small moment in time. I love that 20 people have stopped by to say hi to me! I love... I love YOU ALL! I'm kinda nutty that way... or pathetic, whichever. 3. Limping Cat went to the vet today. Limping Cat is hereafter known as Stoic Cat. Geez, the dang cat won't weight bear at all on his leg for normal walking or running (and boy can he run fast on 3 legs) but Dr. Vet man-handled his poor paw in a gazillion ways and Stoic Cat just sat there and looked lazily around the room waiting for Dr. Vet to be done, then he jumped sleekly down from the table ON ALL 4 PAWS and haughtily limped over to lick the lubricant out of his... oh, too much info huh? Anyway... Limping Cat shall remain Limping Cat until it either gets better or worse. If it gets better, all is well and I avoided an unnecessary xray fee. If it gets worse, I have to take him back. The current diagnosis is that it is probably broken somehow but will heal on it's own. Whatever. Poor kittykins. 4. Charlie dog spent 4 nights at doggie daycare 2 weeks ago when we went house hunting. He looked fine when we brought him home. He spent another 4 nights there over the weekend on our second house hunting trip and when we got him home he looked emaciated. He is generally thin and healthy but his bones were just poking out everywhere! We think he didn't eat well the first time, and then didn't eat again this time, and all combined have left him underweight. We've been overfeeding - not at each meal, but feeding him 4-5 times a day instead of his usual 2 and today, after three days, he actually looks like it's beginning to work. He looks just slightly fuller at the poky hip points on his back, and his spine isn't all ridged up and bony quite as prominently. I feel like such a bad pet owner. 5. I have been saying goodbye all week to my clients. It's so much more heartbreaking than I thought it would be. I love so many of these girls and their babies and saying goodbye to them is so hard. I think THEY feel a little bereft also, and I worry about what will become of them. I hope a new case manager gets hired very very soon so I can introduce them all to her and have a little transition. 6. Today I got to do a little childbirth teaching for a client. I haven't taught in over a year and I was nervous at first but as soon as I opened my mouth to start, it was magic. The right words just flowed ( a single mom, mentally ill, self destructive, and not keeping her baby) and the right attitude and demeanor were just... just... it was God given - the moments that I shared with her. I almost wish I could be there at her birth to help her through the releasing of her child both the physical and the emotional. I will never forget her face. 7. I still can't spill the beans about the house. I am so very NOT superstitious, but I am so scared about all the things that could go wrong and nervous about all the ways it has already gone wrong, that I feel like I need to keep it to myself until it is set in stone. Can I ask for a prayer or two? Seriously, we have a closing date of Mar 9 on our house and no where to move to as of yet. I need a little help. 8. 4 weeks ago the doctor told me that the "thing" on my Bears hand might be a tumor. I don't think I heard a single word she actually said after she said "Tumor"... but a trip to the dermatologist revealed just an infected cyst thing that they opened and drained and has healed so beautifully! The scarring/discoloration could take another 5 months to fade, but originally they anticipated a few more rounds of injected steroid/anti-inflammatory and now we don't have to go through that. My brave Bear, in all her 8 year old glory, watched the entire opening and draining of this thing. Funny little peeper! Can I get a "Thank God" from ya'll? 9. Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight. Can you make a cheaper meal with meat in it? And, ewww... I hate it, but all the kids and daddy love it. Think I'll just have me some toast. I love toast. Toast and tea... my favorite meal. I could live on it. As long as I had a little sugar/cinnamon for the wild days. 10. All this blogging is ruining my eyes. I am serious. Did any of you notice a deterioration in vision after a few months of blogging? I swear... I must get to an eye-guy cuz I have to keep blinking and squinting and the last thing I need is wrinkles to go with my gray hair! 11. Chick is in the kitchen making oatmeal cookies. Mmmm does it smell good in here! I love oatmeal cookies, but alas, they are for the little one's lunch boxes. If I get them hidden away before daddy finds them! It's so nice to have a kid that can cook and bake, and do dishes and laundry too. She'll have such an easier time when she is on her own now that she knows how to do all this stuff... at least, that's what I tell her when she complains! I'm mean like that. 12. My husband used to make CD mixes for me for special occasions. Today I was listening to the one he made me for our 5th anniversary. Lyle Lovett singing, "nobody knows me" was just so perfect for me to hear today. I really love my husband. He rescues me everyday from my own self. He picks me up, dusts me off, shines me up, and pushes me forward. What a guy. Valentines is coming up, I have a little special something up my sleeve... something small and not expensive, but I think it will be special to him. Ewww! Get your head outta that gutter would you? 13. I am going to try to visit every single TT... it may take me a few days, but I'll get to you soon! |
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

10 comments:
I know -- even if its just for one day a week, I like getting all the extra comments. But, what I'm noticing is, I'm getting the same people coming back, and that is a nice feeling too. I get frustrated, because so often, it takes me most of the day to just get the entry done. Doesn't leave much time then to go around and visit. But, I think, like you, I'm going to try and get to everyone ... even if it takes me a couple days.
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read about your cat. Not laugh because he was hurt... but, because the EXACT same thing has happened here. How many times has this cat of ours been stepped on, jumped off of things, from things ... what was different about this last time. But, he has been limping around on 3 legs all week. Still jumps and does all the same old stuff ... and doesn't seem to be in pain. Can't help but think of Ethan when he was younger and "faked" all these illnesses and "boo-boos". Can a cat fake being hurt? :) Hope both of our kitties get better!
Great list! Wow, you have so much going on. Am so glad #8 was not as bad as expected.
Hugs to you and the pets and hope all is getting better. Happy TT!
Great 13!
You guys are in my prayers.
I know how stressful all this has been for you.
:)
Wow. Great list. Strangely, you remind me of me. That can be good and that can be bad...we'll just have to wait and see won't we? ;)
You might be a little late, but it was a beautiful list. Sounds like you need a new doggy day care if poor little pooch is loosing weight. Good luck with the house.
Ya, I'm just now getting around to reading everyone's 13!
It's hard to say goodbye to anyone, isn't it? I don't think these girls are ever going to forget you for as long as they live.
Since blogging, I had to get my eyes checked and I have prescription glasses now.
Someone else mentioned Oatmeal cookies in their 13. I think I'll have to make some.
:)
I love having a lot of comments on my blog too!
And I will be praying for the house, dont worry :)
Happy weekend :)
Thanks for stopping by! Sounds like you've had a crazy week!
I made it here for your TT. Late but here.
I have a limpy kitty also. I so should take her to the vet.
It is definitely fun getting comments from new people :) Thanks for stopping by mine! :)
Post a Comment