Thursday, December 29, 2005

Resolution update #1

First day of TT Resolutions.

Watched my tone of voice - stopped, backtracked, and repeated myself in kinder tones several times.

Wrote 3 letters to 3 people in my address book (resolution number 14 - not on my TT list) - actual pen and paper letters, 2 pages of regular lined writing paper!

I was 4 minutes late for work.

Tonight we played Clue Mysteries before doing dinner dishes and laundry, before sweeping or wiping or putting away. There was even clutter by the front door - gasp! BTW, it sounds complicated but was way way fun.

I did not have a drink tonight. I did drink water.

I did over eat but not on sugar/chocolate or chips... just on regular food. And I did not make reference to this to anyone or bad talk myself for it.

I worked super hard to see a situation in a different light and not dwell on my own hurt feelings. (truth? I was sad about my aunt's emotional distance since my uncles passing and I tried to recognize that her grieving process supercedes my personal need for her attention. Later, out of the blue, she called and invited me to dinner one night - just the two of us!)

I did not apologize for anything I wasn't actually responsibility for...

It was a good start don't you think? It's not even January yet!

No comments: