Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas David! (100 things about my soul mate...)

1. He is handsome... big blue eyes, great soft lips, broad strong capable shoulders.

2. His hands are big and strong too - 'caretaker' hands.

3. His hands are not sissy hands either - there are nice callouses and rough spots to show he works hard.

4. I love his fuzzy chest! It is so masculine...

5. He is a gentleman at all times.

6. He is a gentleman for me, for my aunt, and towards strangers.

7. I know that should count as just one, but it's a pretty important thing to me and he never fails at holding doors, offering a guiding hand on a wet road or getting out of a chair... sweet.

8. He does guy stuff: carrying heavy laundry baskets, reaching tall things, opening jars... sends my heart fluttering!

9. Oh he's tall! I love tall... he is perfect tall!

10. He is kind to me.

11. I mean, he uses kind words, even when he's angry. He speaks kindly of me and to me and for me.

12. When he's mad at me, I hate it, but he still loves me and never fails to tell me that when we make up.

13. I know I irritate him daily but he's a good sport and doesn't critisize me.

14. He likes the food I cook!

15. Even when it is yukky.

16. Except pork. He doesn't like Pork Roast, Pork Tenderloins, or Pork Chops.

17. He doesn't like Beef Roast either... it's a "fatty" thing... can't stand the fatty bits.

18. He loves my mashed potatoes.

19. They are lumpy and dry but he always wants me to make them.

20. He forgives me for everything.

21. I like that after every movie we see he says, "oh, it was alright." but that if he really really REALLY likes the movie, he'll say so.

22. But he has bad taste in movies... "oh Brother Where Art Thou"? Are you kidding me!

23. He loves football but no matter what happens, I know that he'd give it up to make time for me or the kids.

24. Really, playoffs or not... no matter what... he wouldn't be that guy who's wife is in labor and he's saying, "are you sure? can't it wait one more inning?" Nope, not my guy.

25. He likes all sports and although I don't, I like that about him. He's not a rabid fan, so it's just kind of nice all around sports interest. At least, thats how it seems!

26. He reads my blog...

27. He never complains about what I write.

28. He is a sensitive guy - he does kind and thoughtful things for people.

29. He loves music and introduces me to all kinds of new stuff I might not ever hear.

30. He enriches my life immeasurably

31. He makes CDs for me... special songs he compiles cuz he loves me. Awwwww...

32. He even made a CD for Chick for her 14th birthday. Sweet!

33. Every year he makes a Christmas CD and I can't wait to see what he comes up with! This years is awesome.

34. I love him.

35. We don't share the same religious beliefs, but he is immensly respectful of mine and supports how I choose to express it and how I share it with our kids.

36. We share a deep spiritual like mindedness though.

37. He listens. Really.

38. He is easy to embarrass and I love to make him blush.

39. He is sort of a computer geek - not the pocket protector HTML spouting kind, but the nice smart guy everyone calls on for computer help.

40. It makes me proud that he can do that.

41. I just wish he knew more HTML etc so my blog would be cooler. Wait, this is about HIM not me... so... yeah, whatever.

42. He is good at teasing and laughing and joking around. Thats how my family is and he fits right in.

44. He mourned my mother and my uncle as much as I did. No doubt in my mind.

45. He showed me Hugh Prather, Robert Fulghum and Kahlil Gibran. I showed him Richard Bach, Dean Koontz, and The New Testament.

46. I trust him implicitly with our children whether they were 2 weeks old and nursing or 7 years old and needing medical help... I couldn't do anything for our kids that he can't do.

47. He knows our kids as much as I do. He knows their hearts and souls and takes good care of them.

48. He loves teaching our children things: chess, how to buy things at the hardware store, cooking, and homework stuff.

49. Our kids love him... they treasure him. Night time isn't complete unless BOTH mommy and daddy make an appearance.

50. Chick, at 15, feels comfortable around him when she is... ahem... 'under dressed'... this says a lot about what kind of trusting and loving relationship they have. Of course, it freaks HIM out and he blushes and covers his head, but she doesn't care.

51. He can cook an excellent Chicken Parmigiana. Mmmm-mmmm. He's really good at meat sauce, Matzah Brei, and things that go on a grill.

52. He can push the lawn mower one handed... oooh sexy!

53. He changes the roll of toilet paper.

54. He never leaves the seat up.

55. He always hangs up his wet towel.

56. He doesn't care if I have the remote control.

57. He ALWAYS holds me at night... tight.

58. He lets me put lotion on his dry elbows.

59. He hates it when I drive... but will sometimes still let me.

60. He has a great sense of direction and while driving he mostly never gets lost.

61. He may drive around for awhile, but he always finds his way where he's going.

62. He does not drive fast or scary.

63. He knows how to change a tire, check the oil, check the fluids, replace washer/wiper stuff, and fill the tires with air.

64. He almost always keeps my car filled with gas.

65. Otherwise I actually might run out and he knows this.

66. He also gives me money a lot cuz I am always too much in hurry to go to the ATM and I'm always broke.

67. So in other words, he gives me money and fills my tank with gas and he is my hero!

68. Otherwise I'd be sitting on the side of a road with no gas, no money to buy any, and probably my cell phone battery would be dead too.

69. He rescues me every day!

70. Not physically, although he has done that too... but emotionally.

71. He takes care of my heart and soul.

72. He owns them... I gave them to him and he does a fine job with them.

73. When I am most sad, he can make it all better, all the time.

74. I admire his intelligence.

75. I admire his insight... it's good.

76. I admire his strength.

77. I admire his integrity! He puts me to shame sometimes...

78. He takes care of our family.

79. I treasure him as a gift in my life. Even though I forget to act that way sometimes...

80. He has a new job and he tackled it and wrestled it and beat it to the ground. Now he owns it. He's awesome!

81. He plays with the dog and it's very funny!

82. He plays with our kids and it's very very very sweet!

83. He welcomed foster babies into our home. He loved them. Hey babe, remember Jally and her winking at you?

84. He welcomed exchange students and loved them too. They LOVED him! Silly girls, he's MINE!

85. I have no fear of him 'straying', but I do pray for him to be protected from temptation. There are other women who might want this treasure of a man!

86. He says I am his compass. He doesn't know that he is mine.

87. He has great taste in gifts... our 10 year anniversary gift took my breath away, made me cry, and laugh, and treasure him all the more.

88. Ok, I'll tell you what it was. A box. Full of things. Heart shaped jars of glitter and green m&m's, bath goodies, perfume... other treats... and a diamond ring. With 10 diamonds...

89. See why I love him?

90. He is a clothes hound! Totally!

91. He irons his own clothes and sometimes mine.

92. The kids and I come first.

93. He sticks up for me, even with his family.

94. He is always on my side.

95. He likes babies and little kids... and they like him back!

96. He makes me laugh.

97. He touches my heart everyday.

98. When I am wrong, he doesn't make a big deal out of it.

99. He plans for the future for our family. We are taken care of always.

100. He is my true companion...

1 comment:

Just D said...

oh, and when I am sad and miserable and weepy, he just holds me and makes it all go away.